We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 345 Posts
    Has anyone ever taken a look at MySource Matrix?
    http://matrix.squiz.net/

I stumbled across this the other day and it appears from my quick scan to have a similar design mentality in the Administration area. However, from what I could tell, it looks quite a bit more developed. Might be worth looking at for ideas (both features and usability ideas).

• Thanks for that resource; I think they’re very much on the right track! I particularly liked how they differentiate their product on http://matrix.squiz.net/evaluations/what-is-matrix ... sounds very very familiar indeed!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 345 Posts
        One of the features that really looked apealing to me from looking at the demonstration video was the main editing screen. It looks like the editor inserts its content in DIV container which can be added indefinitely. That seems like it would make pure style based pages easier to enforce.

• 7,075 Posts
          Very nice catch, I had tested it a while back but the fact that it requires the PEAR librairies, plus the fact that it only supports PostGreSQL and Oracle, not MySQL, lead me to drop it.

But it sure has enterprise features such as Dublin Core metadata, revisionning with rollback, nice frontend editing...

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • And a lot of commercially licensed modules if you’re not a non-profit, government or educational institution. Even for things that seem to me to be pretty fundamental: http://matrix.squiz.net/modules/all

Anyone have a clue as to what that stuff costs?
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 7,075 Posts
              I just did a quick search over the internet but it seems it’s rather hard to find infos about their prices... Just found a reference in Mambo’s forum about the whole package of modules costing 14 000 $ but I wouldn’t trust this kind of non-sourced info...

It might be that you have to contact them to get the prices... a little opaque way to make business...

.: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                • 52 Posts
                They certainly have some nice-looking templates. Just hope Andreas is keeping track of what CMS is using which design....

And now for something completely different. Or, how to choke a googlebot! This is a page http://www.artcollection.unsw.edu.au/sculpture_walk on a site running MySource Classic. Check out the source code.

Cheers!
                • Lol, that’s like the whole of the Cambridge Abridged Dictionary squeezed into that poor old keyword metatag laugh
                    Garry Nutting
                    Senior Developer
                    MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                    Twitter: @garryn
                    Web: modx.com
                    • 345 Posts
                    LOL. Funny.

Do you think they hand typed all those keywords or does MySource automaticly insert it’s search index into the metatag?

• 2,204 Posts
                      I like the rollback option

would be nice to have some sort of history on pages when editing and saving that it keeps upto 5 previous versions of that document.

Dimmy
                        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01