We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    I apologise in advance if this is a old rooky question but I have just installed the FCKEditor. Everything installed perfectly my only question is how do I link to the css stylesheet.
    In tools/configuration it asked for the path to ’FCKEditor xml style selector file’ . Does it have to be an xml file?. What do I need to do?

Thanks
    m

• 15 Posts
      I have now managed to get somewhere through a lot of internet searching.

By amending the fckconfig.js file, changing the following line to match the path to my css: FCKConfig.EditorAreaCSS = ’/mycssstyles/editorstyle.css’ ;

However this means I am now picking up the format styles i.e heading1, heading2 etc but I am still not picking up the other styles in my css for some reason that escapes me.
      The style dropdown menu is still only showing what is in the default FCK xml style file which I have deselected in the tools/configuration setup

Any pointers gladly accepted.

m
        • 1,131 Posts
        Actually, FCK should be able to use the ’Path to CSS file’ config option (Interface & Features tab) for the CSS. Keep in mind that this should be a custom CSS file written specifically for the RTE and should only consist of simple classes and selectors. You’re also correct in that the XML style file is just for populating the Style dropdown. More information about this option can be found on the FCKEditor website (http://docs.fckeditor.net/FCKeditor_2.x/Developers_Guide/Configuration/Styles).
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."