We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hello,

Been struggling with TinyMCE rewriting URLs or destroying them outright so switched to FCK, which isn’t doing that, but it will not show images in the RTE window like TinyMCE does (using FCK 2.6.1). Anyone else experiencing this?
      • 15 Posts
      absolutely - having the same issues. getting the thumbnail Question mark icon only for images but their paths show up in the Properties and they do display fine in the website. I switched to FCK because i got sick of TinyMCE mucking the look of the code up in the Manager, mostly by changing font sizes, but also by refusing to enter in links correctly.

i’ve done some research on the problem. seems like susan and others were helping someone who couldn’t display images in FCK Editor. Turned out to be a security issue within the Thumbnails.php file. here’s the link to the thread:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1266.0

i did the modification outlined by myan24 (Chris Cook) towards the end of the thread, but it didn’t seem to do anything for me. it’s probably something simple like a path being incorrect. i have chmodded my /assets/images folder to 777 but still getting no images displayed. i’m nowhere near any kind of PHP coder, but can hack and blunder my way through HTML and CSS (with much referral to reference sites).

i’m somewhat stumped, myself. anyone more experienced with FCK on ModX care to comment?

scott