We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I am new to ModX. I’ve been learning how to use it over the past two weeks. ModX is wonderful! It is perfect for my site. So far I’ve been able to figure out all the problems I’ve run into. Now, in trying to install FCKeditor, I’ve run into a problem I don’t know how to solve. I have not been able to find any help on forums or google searches.

I downloaded FCKeditor 2.5.zip and unzipped it. There was an assets folder and an install folder. I ftped it to the root of my ModX site. I ended up putting the fckeditor25 folder into ModX’s assets-plugins folder. TinyMCE2111 is in the plugins folder too. I ran http://mysite.com/install/ and followed the instructions. It said running setup script and gave me this.

Setup will now attempt to setup the database:

Creating connection to the database: OK!

Selecting database `db233137801`: OK!

Plugin:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version
    for the right syntax to use near ’Bold’,’Italic’,’Underline’,’-’,’Link’,’Unlink’] &fckwebautolang

I have a good understanding of HTML and CSS. I don’t know a thing about PHP or MySQL...yet. I am very willing to learn. My database is MySQL 4.0. I would be very grateful if someone would help me figure this out.

edit: This error apparently didn’t affect the install. FCKeditor was working fine when I started work again this morning.