We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts
    While upgrading ModX I killed the FCKEdit folder in assets/plugins, so I reinstalled FCKEdit and removed the old DB entry manually.

When I set the FCKEdit toolbar style to ’advanced’ my it gets resetted to ’custom’.
    While trying to edit a document ModX throws an error ’toolbar custom does not exist’. Therefore FCKEdit loads without toolbar.

I browsed the FCKEdit source and checked the DB entrys but I couldn’t fix it.
    • Check the overrides set for your individual user(s) under the User settings tab: Security > Manager Users > Username
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 30 Posts
        Thats it! Thanks smiley
          • 30 Posts
          Actually it’s _not_ solved. I was able to switch the toolbar, but when I switch it back to custom, it throws the same error ’toolbar custom does not exist’

Custom:
          ['Source','-','FontFormat','Bold','Italic','Underline','StrikeThrough','Subscript','Superscript','-','SpecialChar','-','OrderedList','UnorderedList'],['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],['nbsp'],['Image','Table','Style','About']

edit:

Switched the toolbar to custom in another ModX installation - getting the same error.
          Is it a bug or simply a missconfiguration on my side?

Editing the fckconfig.js
           //FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["custom"] = parent.FCKCustomToolbarSet;
           FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["custom"] = [ 
           ['Source','-','FontFormat','Bold','Italic','Underline','StrikeThrough','Subscript','Superscript','-'],
           ['SpecialChar','-','OrderedList','UnorderedList'],['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],['nbsp'],['Image','Table','Style','About']
           ];

Doesn’t work either.
          Seems like it gets ignored, ModX still display
          ['Bold','Italic','Underline','-','Link','Unlink']

As my custom toolbar entry and display the error.

When I edit the fckeditor.functions.php ModX displays the right custom toolbar entry in the configuration, however it still throws the same error.
            • 1 Posts
            Hi,

I have the same error message (in french) since I upadted to FCKEditor_2.6 : "toolbar ’custom’ does not exist". Anyone who have solved this problem ?
              • 1,131 Posts
              No problems here with version 2.6.3 on MODx 0.9.6.2. Only thing I had to do was remove the ’nbsp’ button since the plugin doesn’t exist in my installation. Other than that, no ’custom not found’ message.
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."