We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    Hi there,

I’ve scoured the forums looking for an answer to this but to no avail.

I finally got FCKEditor Resource Browser working - I can upload images and browse the directories that I’ve set , but only when I’m logged into MODX as administrator. When i’m logged in as an editor (as my client will be) - I cannot view files or upload images etc.

I have set the folder perms to 777 via FTP and still no change is evident.

Could it be that when I’m logged in to two different users, I’m browsing two different paths?
      • 1,131 Posts
      That’s possible. However, is this user setup as a manager user? And is the problem happening from within the manager? Also, how did you set them up as an editor? By setting different role settings? There’s gotta be something somewhere that isn’t set...probably a path setting somewhere.

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 13 Posts
        I’m having the same problem. I even enabled all options for the group the user is in, but it still only works as admin.

EDIT: I found the problem. "Use System Configuration Setting" was unset in the User Options.
          • 7 Posts
          Thanks to both of you for your help and responses....

It took me a while to find the settings you were referring to, but it all made sense when I found it! Thanks a million.

For those who are still looking....

• click into the settings for your user, not the role or system-wide config (which was where i was looking!)
          • Click the User Tab
          • You’ll see the individual settings for uploadable file types - just check them to use the system-wide settings and ta-dah!

Brilliant! Finally sorted. Thanks again!