We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Please can someone help me, as I cant get my editor to upload images.

I have done everything that I can think of and followed advice given in various posts on forums etc

Im using PHP, so in my fckconfig.js the setting are as follows:
    var _FileBrowserLanguage = ’php’ ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | perl | php | py
    var _QuickUploadLanguage = ’php’ ; // asp | aspx | cfm | lasso | php

In \editor\filemanager\upload\php\config.php is set like this:

// SECURITY: You must explicitelly enable this "uploader".
    $Config[’Enabled’] = true ;

// Set if the file type must be considere in the target path.
    // Ex: /UserFiles/Image/ or /UserFiles/File/
    $Config[’UseFileType’] = true ;

// Path to uploaded files relative to the document root.
    $Config[’UserFilesPath’] = ’/UserFiles/’ ;

// Fill the following value it you prefer to specify the absolute path for the
    // user files directory. Usefull if you are using a virtual directory, symbolic
    // link or alias. Examples: ’C:\\MySite\\UserFiles\\’ or ’/root/mysite/UserFiles/’.
    // Attention: The above ’UserFilesPath’ must point to the same directory.
    $Config[’UserFilesAbsolutePath’] = ’/domains/c/l/mysite.co.uk/public_html/site/editor/filemanager/upload/php/UserFiles/’ ;

// Due to security issues with Apache modules, it is reccomended to leave the
    // following setting enabled.
    $Config[’ForceSingleExtension’] = true ;

$Config[’AllowedExtensions’][’File’] = array() ;
    $Config[’DeniedExtensions’][’File’] = array(’php’,’php2’,’php3’,’php4’,’php5’,’phtml’,’pwml’,’inc’,’asp’,’aspx’,’ascx’,’jsp’,’cfm’,’cfc’,’pl’,’bat’,’exe’,’com’,’dll’,’vbs’,’js’,’reg’,’cgi’) ;

$Config[’AllowedExtensions’][’Image’] = array(’jpg’,’gif’,’jpeg’,’png’) ;
    $Config[’DeniedExtensions’][’Image’] = array() ;

$Config[’AllowedExtensions’][’Flash’] = array(’swf’,’fla’) ;
    $Config[’DeniedExtensions’][’Flash’] = array() ;

\editor\filemanager\browser\default\connectors\php\config.php set like this:

// SECURITY: You must explicitelly enable this "connector". (Set it to "true").
    $Config[’Enabled’] = true ;

// Path to user files relative to the document root.
    $Config[’UserFilesPath’] = ’/UserFiles/’ ;

// Fill the following value it you prefer to specify the absolute path for the
    // user files directory. Usefull if you are using a virtual directory, symbolic
    // link or alias. Examples: ’C:\\MySite\\UserFiles\\’ or ’/root/mysite/UserFiles/’.
    // Attention: The above ’UserFilesPath’ must point to the same directory.
    $Config[’UserFilesAbsolutePath’] = ’/domains/c/l/mysite.co.uk/public_html/site/editor/filemanager/upload/php/UserFiles/’ ;

and of course I have set up the folder on thw webspace "UserFiles".

where am I going wrong? is there anything else I need to enable?
    • There’s a lot more info needed to try to figure this out. Please see my signature for the "help us help you" bit.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me