We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 205 Posts
    I do relaise this topic has been raised before, but as I understand it if I modify the FCKstyles.xml file I should see thise styles in the editor.

I have tried and it seems to have a mind of its own, maybe its a caching problem as I did get the styles to make one change, once, but I cleared my history, cache etc and the latest version of the fckstyles.xml file is not being reflected in the editor.

I also tried adding the path uin system configuration but this made no difference. Therefore my question is, is there anything else that needs to be changed if I am editing syles directly in the fckstyles.xml file itself ?
      • 22 Posts
      Did you resolve this? I’m having the same problem.
      • I’m also having this problem when adding custom toolbar buttons seems to be some weird caching going on.

Hope someone knows the answer.

http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
          UK MODX Hosting with love.
          • 1,131 Posts
          It’s not a caching problem...more like a developer problem...namely me! Heh heh! The FCKstyles.xml problem is one that I’m surprised about...can’t believe it took this long for it to raise it’s head. I’ll get that fixed up in the next revision.

Now...regarding the custom button thing...I’ll have to investigate and test some more on that to duplicate the problem.
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 22 Posts
            I’ve even edited the fckstyles.xml file in the assets/plugins/fckeditor/ directory, and there’s still no change in the editor.
            • Hi Bravado

Thanks for looking into this, perhaps I’m just editing the wrong file / area when adding a custom toolbar button if you could confirm the correct place to add a custom toolbar button I could try that out my end.

Thanks
              Aaron
                http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
                UK MODX Hosting with love.