We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    The subsites hack won’t cause this problem. I use it on all my production site.

Here is a quick tutorial to get things started. Lets assume that the address of the MODx installation is "domain.com" and the complete path is "root_modx_folder"

• You can create a new folder with whatever name that you want, and you can put it anywhere on your server, as long as it’s still under your root installation dir of MODx. For this tutorial, I will create "bob" folder inside "root_modx_folder/users/bob". Remember, root_modx_folder is the root directory of your MODx installation.
    • After creating this new directory, you need to create an empty folder with the same name as the one located on yout assets folder, with the exception, you don’t have to create snippets, modules, plugins, js, and cache folders. Make sure you have all the folders that you have just created to be writeable.
    • Create a new user, for the sake of simplicity, I will name it bob. Before I save the user, visit the second tab that is called "user settings", and inside that tab, you can find 2 settings that need to be changed for this to work, here is the list of the setting name and the value that I will put in there for my user bob:
      Resource path: root_modx_folder/users/bob/
      Resource URL: http://domain.com/users/bob/ or /users/bob/
      On the resource url, you can use absolute address or relative address. I would propose to use relative address, so in case if you create your MODx installation on test server, you can move it to the production server with no hassle, because the url is relative.

That’s all folks. I hope you guys find it useful.

Sincerely,
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • 19 Posts
      Thank you very much Wendy! smiley
      I will give it a shot tomorrow morning.

- Mike
        • 19 Posts
        Yay, it works! smiley
        Now I just need to figure out the best way to setup the folders for our site.