We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’ve done this in Evolution, but not sure how to do this in Revo. I would like to add a "tables" button in my TinyMCE editor. Could someone tell me how to do this? Thanks.
      Lee Brinckley
      Manassas, VA (Washington DC)
      Twitter - @leebrinckley
      http://www.leebrinckley.com
    • Two system settings under TinyMCE:

tiny.custom_plugins - add ’table’ to the comma-delimited list
      tiny.custom_buttons3 (or whatever row you want to add it to)- add ’tablecontrols’ to the comma-delimited list.

That should do it.
      • Thanks! The addition to tiny.custom_plugins is what I was missing.
          Lee Brinckley
          Manassas, VA (Washington DC)
          Twitter - @leebrinckley
          http://www.leebrinckley.com
          • Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 92 Posts
            IGNORE THIS - I was filtering MODx settings by area, ie, the second drop-down, rather than the first drop-down.

I just installed TinyMCE 4.3.3 on Revo 2.2.9 and don't get any of these options. I get a settings area called "Rich Text Editor" with settings "Path to CSS" and "CSS selectors for Editor" (and a couple others - enable, select an editor and Elements editor).

These aren't easy to use. I've customized TinyMCE before but this doesn't give me the same access. I have pointed TinyMCE to my CSS file but that imports too many styles, I've tried a few formats for CSS selectors but can't get anything to restrict the editor, let alone exclude buttons from the editor. I looked at the TinyMCE template setting but I can't figure out what this is nor where it goes in my settings.

What's happened to my TinyMCE? It is where my users will spend the bulk of their time and frustrations, so I really want to get it tweaked.

Huge thanks,
            Chris
            [ed. note: technicaltitch last edited this post 10 years, 6 months ago.]
              • 92 Posts
              But I do have a valid question. I want to set the TinyMCE "body_id" setting. The only way I have found to do it is by adding the line:

'body_id' => 'leftpanel',

to core/components/tinymce/tinymce.class.php at line 125. Is there a nicer way to do this, that won't be over-ridden by an upgrade of the extra?

Thanks
              Chris
                • 47 Posts
                TinyMCE editor will be blank after add »table« to the plugin list. I'm using MODx 2.5.1 and TnyMCE 4.3.4. Deleting the table plugin doesn't bring back the editor. I have to reinstall TinyMCE completely.
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  Use TinymceWrapper and be done with it already. This thread is too old to exist.
                    TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
                    Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                    5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.