We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 134 Posts
    Hi , I have a bizarre problem because when I open the file browser in Tiny MCE (4.3.0 rc-1) I don’t see my images(they are definitely there:). I can see all my files after I upload a new file but when I close the windows they all disappear again...any pointers??

update: the images are visible when I browse for them in the MODX Resource Browser in the TinyMCE Resource browser but obviously I cant insert it.
    update2: It works fine with revo 2.0.8.
      Check out blackflow.pl
      • 21 Posts
      yep same problem here,on revo 2.1.1 and all packages are updated to current versions...tiny can see the file structure tree in the file manager but when you go inside the file, no images appear "No files match the specified filter."...thought I was being smart waiting for bugs...several sites fubar big time now. problems with template variables, file manager path is fine, essentially broken file links across the sites.

no sleep and all my clients are going crazy

UPDATE: it’s strictly a tinymce problem cause when using, for example a template variable to grab an image, no problem, file manager gets it. no files can be seen within folders of the file manager tree...man dunno looking like drupal updates...just so many little things that is going to ruin my day well into the early morning hours again
        • 152 Posts
          - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
          • 134 Posts
          thank you! although somebody could stick this topic as it will probably be quite popular with more and more people upgrading to 2.1.
            Check out blackflow.pl
            • 2 Posts
            Hi Im working with modx revo 2.2 and i follow the steps in the url above (http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,63523.msg369379.html#msg369379) but I cant found many files in this modx's version like

- manager/assets/modext/widgets/core/modx.rte.browser.js
            - manager/controllers/default/browser/index.php
            - manager/assets/modext/modext-min.js
            - manager/assets/modext/modex.js

In addition on this modx version appear a the concept of media sources.
            I hope an answer as soon as posible, thanks
              • 116 Posts
              I am experiencing this issue with the File Browser in general and am using MODX 2.2.0-pl2. Any thoughts?
                --
                Landon Poburan
                Web Designer and Developer

http://www.categorycode.ca
                http://www.landonp.com
                • 18 Posts
                I've had the "No files match the specified filter" error - can see folders in the file manager tree, but can't see any files. Finally got it sorted out on my system ... not sure if it's going to be the same solution for everyone, but I was missing a PHP module - mbstring.

If you use Firebug you can see what the server is sending back when you click on a folder name. In my case, it was just sending back a fatal error.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this was the top result on Google for this issue.
                  • 1 Posts

I've had the "No files match the specified filter" error - can see folders in the file manager tree, but can't see any files. Finally got it sorted out on my system ... not sure if it's going to be the same solution for everyone, but I was missing a PHP module - mbstring.

I had a similar issue on MODX Revo 2.2.5-pl and it was indeed related to a missing mbstring PHP module. Just wanted to add that if you don't have access to your php.ini file (for example on a shared host), setting "Use Multibyte Extension" key value to "No" from System > System settings solved my problem. [ed. note: potatoes last edited this post 10 years, 9 months ago.]