We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Welcome to the I Hate TinyMCE club. wink

I don't know the answer to your question, but FYI, the search box at the upper right of the System Settings grid does a nice job of finding partial matches if they're in the name, key, or description, so you seldom have to wade through all the settings.

I looked for new_file_permissions in the code and found this:

- [#MODX-760], [#MODX-1528] Removed new_file_permissions and new_folder_permissions system settings from setup

One thing to check is the path in the modx_workspaces table. I'm not sure if TinyMCE uses it, but it's worth a check.

You might also check the paths in your media sources and any TinyMCE System Settings. System Settings have a way of hanging around when you remove a package and not getting updated when you reinstall it.
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 834 Posts
      Thanks Bob,

yeh, as I said those settings don't exist on a default install so the Search option couldn't find them.

However, I was able to create them easily enough once I knew that's what I had to do, although ultimately it made no difference.

I'll check the path settings and see what that brings, as I strongly suspect it's a path issue, just not sure where.

The insert image option works fine, so why the link should fail is a mystery.

I'm wondering if it's a furls issue?

Content Creator and Copywriter
        • 24,544 Posts
        I don't know how TinyMCE handles images but it might have its own path setting as either a property or a System Setting. See if there's a TinyMCE namespace in System Settings.
          My MODX Extras
          • 834 Posts
          Bob,

1: can't see anything in the TinyMCE settings or System settings that stands out, but then I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for.

2: Couldn't find the modx_workspaces table in Settings, unless you meant look in the actual database table?

3: Perhaps we should tackle it from the other end. What is the actual path required for the n TINYMCE to insert a link function?

4: Also, not sure about Media sources. This is my first Revo build (after years on Evo), so I'm still learning the terminology and where things are.

• 24,544 Posts
            I almost never use TinyMCE (in fact I don't have it installed), so I'm not much help here. I looked at the TinyMCE settings in the tinymce namespace (left over from a previous install) and I don't see any paths.

On #2, yes, I meant to look in the modx_system_settings table in the database with PhpMyAdmin.

I don't know the answer to #3. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Sorry I can't be more help.
              My MODX Extras
              • 834 Posts
              Thanks Bob,

I built most of the site without an RTE and with FURL's turned off until I was sure everything was working.

And only turned them on at the end.

Apart from a few tweaks and niggles, most things survived.

The insert link must be a path error somewhere, I just don't know where to look to fix it.

maybe somebody else will know.

• 834 Posts
                Tried a few more things with no luck

Turned off FURLS - no luck.

Turned off the htaccess- no change.

Tried it on my local desktop server, worked without a hitch.

For now I've switched to CKeditor and that seems to be working ok. Not quite as elegant and nice as TinyMCE, but it'll do for now.

If anyone has any more ideas on why TinyMCE can't find the link popup path, please let me know.

• 54 Posts
                  Hey all, I know its a old post but I need your help here. I have a modx revo 2.2.9 whose using tinymce. Lately, I have setup the website so it can host multiple domain / multiple site so my client can manage all their website under one backend.

Since then, I suspect that the add link stopped working. The first dialog box works all fine but when it comes to inserting the link it gives me a 503 internal link error.

This issue is only triggered when the wysiwyg is setup inside a migx window. I tried pretty much anything without anyluck.

if someone could help me on this that be aaaawwweesomme.

Marc-Andre Audet