We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    I was having problems with the Sorted Link List modification by NCrossland (see topic http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15537.0.html) so I’ve decided to made my own.  grin

You can find it here :
    http://modxcms.com/Sorted-Link-List-Alternate-version-2334.html

Feel free to test, to ask, etc...
      • 118 Posts
      Awesome BlueIndigo, thanks a ton. Nice and easy config section at the top, an easy but huge improvement.
        • 21 Posts

Happy you like it laugh
          • 137 Posts
          Just tried to download this from the new repository but only getting a blank/empty file.
            • 137 Posts
            Finally got to test this now that the download bug in the new repository has been fixed. Works well and a definite improvement on the standard flat list. I think it would be even better if the user could simply click on a doc in the doc tree to select the link target - especially for sites with hundreds of pages (due to article sections).

Anton
              • 139 Posts
              I know this is an old post but does anyone know if this works with 1.0.4. I can only get the "flat" list to work which is pretty undesirable.
                • 145 Posts
                Question for author, blueindigo:

The original sorted link list is a bit of a misnomer in that the documents appear in non-alphabetical order within their parents which are the only thing sorted. Does this version you wrote present the "children" alphabetically? That would be terrific if it did.

If it does, which parameter controls the sorting of say "pagetitle" within the parent grouping of say "menuindex"? I only see one sorting parameter.

Question for brianlarson:

My client uses Evolution 1.4. Did you succeed in getting this working?

Thanks very much to both of you ... Sam
                  • 145 Posts
                  BlueIndigo, I'm excited to tell you that I got your alternate version working. The only problem I had was the placement of the tinymce.linklist.php file.

The developer who set this up had it located at: \staging\assets\plugins\tinymce\inc

I placed the modxapi.php file in the root, "staging" which required me to set a "pathtomodxapi" of $pathTomodxAPI = '../../../../' ;

After spending more than 10 hours on the MODx Forum, tinyMCE Forum and in Google, and getting nowhere at all solving my missing link list in Evolution 1.04, tinyMCE 3.3.5.1, I found your Alternate Sort List. Coincidentally you also had problems with this release of Evolution.

Anyway I'm pretty excited right now and look forward to trying different parameters and I'm going to pound this a bit to satisfy myself that the list won't go missing again.

Do you have any idea why this PHP file went bad for you and me? So few complaints are being registered against NCROSSWELL's version that I can't believe what I just went through, after more than a year of his routine working and then suddenly something in the environment soured.

So thank you, thank you, thank you. I will sleep tonight.

BTW, my other post to this thread I asked you if the "child" Resource IDs can also be sorted. I hope asking you this doesn't make me seem ungrateful, but if I can get get the whole enchilada, why not?

With appreciation ... Sam Gerber [ed. note: samg last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]
                    • 145 Posts
                    BlueIndigo, sorry to post again but I had a problem relocating the modxapi.php file from the root. I tried to place it in the same directory as tinymce.linklist.php. When I do it throws an error which basically says it can't find modxapi.php.

Could this possibly be because I don't have tinymce.linklist.php in the directory you expected. It's located in \staging\assets\plugins\tinymce\inc not \staging\assets\plugins\tinymce.

My modification to pathtomodxapi doesn't appear to be correct. Can you please tell me what it should be and whether a change is needed anywhere else.

Thank you ... Sam
                      • 145 Posts
                      I'm back again. Don't know how to leave well enough alone since this gem is working for me. In my last post I complained about modxapi.php not working in the same directory as tinymce.linklist.php.

Turns out it's not an incorrect path set in tinymce.linklist.php, but rather something that's upsetting modxapi.php. It's throwing the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'DocumentParser' not found in /data/232/91/11/2254337/user/2477439/htdocs/staging/assets/plugins/tinymce/inc/modxapi.php on line 19

This is about as far as I can go. I would like to keep these two PHP files in the same directory but someone will have to rescue me for that to happen.

I have a feeling that this topic has aged too badly over the last three years and there's not much current interest.

Well BlueIndigo, after all this time you succeeded in making someone else a happy camper.

Best ... Sam Gerber