We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    TinyMCE opens in a small window and has to be resized to see the editing tools (that are located at the bottom of the window). When trying to add a image there is no browse button and no tabs.

This happens in IE and Firefox.

The only other strange thing I have noticed with this installation is that I can’t create folders in the level above Assets.

Any ideas ??
      • 1,131 Posts
      Wha??

What version of MODx and TinyMCE are you running? What language settings? What server type? What version of PHP? What OS is the problem occurring on? Is this on a new installation or an existing install? Did you upload and upgrade TinyMCE? Or are you using the stock version?

Sorry...just need some more details. smiley First thing I would do would be to completely reupload TinyMCE. Wipeout the existing version from the assets/plugins folder and upload a new one from scratch and reinstall it. You might have some missing files that is causing some havok.
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 6 Posts
        Thanks for answering!

What version of MODx and TinyMCE are you running?
        0.9.6.1 p2

What language settings?
        I’m not sure if I have found all places for editing language settings, but I have tried English / Norwegian where I have found them. Made no difference.

What server type?
        Shared hosting

What version of PHP?
        PHP5

What OS is the problem occurring on?
        Linux/Windows

Is this on a new installation or an existing install?

New

Did you upload and upgrade TinyMCE? Or are you using the stock version?

I upgraded to 3.0.3 - made no difference.

First thing I would do would be to completely reupload TinyMCE. Wipeout the existing version from the assets/plugins folder and upload a new one from scratch and reinstall it. You might have some missing files that is causing some havok.
        The new version is located in a new folder - that should do the trick?

The folder above Assets is not writable. Is that a problem? What settings should it have? I have no access to it and will probably have to ask the ISP to change settings.

I guess I could delete all files and try a new ModX install. Anything to watch out for there? I have no admin access to the database. (I can not switch to another ISP)
          • 6 Posts
          Problem solved by a re-installation of MODx.