We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    I have been experiencing a strange issue with RichText TVs with a MODx install ever since I upgraded to 0.9.6.1p1

I can already say that it’s not 0.9.6.1p1 which is at fault, I had other MODx install upgrade from 0.9.6 to 0.9.6.1p1 and richtext TVs work just fine.

At first, I thought a file had been badly uploaded during upgrade (I especially suspected mutate_content.dynamic.php, since that’s where MODx loads RTE for TVs). I re-uploaded the entire manager folder but to no avail. Then I checked mutate_content.dynamic.php but it’s OK not corrupted or anything.

Then, I checked TinyMCE : config, events properly ticked... again : OK.
    I also checked the main configuration but that’s OK too.

I just can’t pinpoint where this problem comes from !
    Drives me crazy...

Before I re-install TinyMCE, any Ideas ?
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
    • Care to share what the actual bad/non-working behavior is? tongue
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 7,075 Posts
        Sorry, seems I have not been clear enough : richtext TVs do not load with the RTE when editing documents, they load like they are textareas instead ...

My understanding is, the behavior is handled by mutate_content.dynamic.php around line 1006 :

if ($row['type'] == 'richtext' || $row['type'] == 'htmlarea') { // htmlarea for backward compatibility
                            if (is_array($replace_richtexteditor))
                            $replace_richtexteditor = array_merge($replace_richtexteditor, array (
                                "tv" . $row['name']
                            ));
                            else
                            $replace_richtexteditor = array (
                                "tv" . $row['name']
                            );
                        }

But I don’t see that there is any problem with mutate_content.dynamic.php for this install (I checked the code by remote editing, the file is not corrupted).

I am clueless...

MODx est l'outil id
        • Wonder if the upgrade did something funny to your user overrides. Have you checked those?
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 7,075 Posts
            Yes I have, unfortunately that’s not it.

I’ll take things one at a time and start eliminating what went wrong...
            Funny I have updated 6 websites the same way and just one (a complex one, granted) has an issue.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 615 Posts
              So far i have the same problem huh; after installing/upgrading to the TinyMCE 3.03 the editor dissapeared. It doesn’t show up in any lists over available editors. But when I dissable the 3.03 and enable the 2.02 again everything works normal. Setting it back to TinyMCE 3.03 and the editor dissapears from the lists (both in configuration and in edit-documents).

I forgot to activate the RichText Editor-SystemEvents for TinyMCE 3.0.3. It’s working now.

I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?