We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 34 Posts
    I’m setting up my website www.darkoddity.com and I’m trying to do everything through front end editors using ditto and TinyMCE. Well I have everything working for the most part, but the problem I am having now is that when I use custom chunks for link inserts (Community names, I may frequently link for example) the chunks get stripped from the page and I have to go to the manager to manually re-add them to the document, which almost makes the front end posting tools pointless.

Can anyone help me in fixing this?
      • 589 Posts
      Quote from: DarkOddity at Feb 01, 2008, 07:40 PM

I’m setting up my website www.darkoddity.com and I’m trying to do everything through front end editors using ditto and TinyMCE. Well I have everything working for the most part, but the problem I am having now is that when I use custom chunks for link inserts (Community names, I may frequently link for example) the chunks get stripped from the page and I have to go to the manager to manually re-add them to the document, which almost makes the front end posting tools pointless.

You are not using only Ditto + TinyMCE, are you? Answer is probably in one of the front-end editing snippets used.
        • 34 Posts
        Well I’m using ditto to add the pages and TinyMCE is the text editor I’m using to add the "posts". I’ll have to check out the front end editing snippets and see what I can do with it. As far as the issue I’m having now, it’s just using the method I illustrated isn’t saving the snippets in the page.
          • 956 Posts
          Are you using QuickEdit? In your tinyMCE configuration, try changing "Entity Encoding" to raw.
          resources > manage resources > plugins > tinyMCE > configuration
            • 589 Posts
            Quote from: ganeshXL at Feb 04, 2008, 04:27 AM

Are you using QuickEdit? In your tinyMCE configuration, try changing "Entity Encoding" to raw.

Hm, I still don’t get how QuickEdit can "add the post"...
              • 34 Posts
              Quote from: ganeshXL at Feb 04, 2008, 04:27 AM

I tried that and I’m not really seeing a difference. I wish I had a bit more experience in this, I feel somewhat like I’m dragging ya’lls answers down due to that. As far as I know I am not using the quickedit plugin at all for what I am doing.
              • MODx tags, javascript, and other potentially dangerous content is filtered from all MODx requests to the front-end that go through index.php. This is why they are getting stripped. This will be configurable in future releases.
                  • 34 Posts
                  Excellent. I really appreciate the heads up! Looking forward to the next version. Been playing with several different CMS’s and to be frank, I found myself moving on MODx as a final decision, love it. I have no experience in any of this and I still have a really awesome personal page coming together.

My thanks go out to everyone who has put work into this!
                    • 589 Posts
                    Quote from: OpenGeek at Feb 04, 2008, 03:39 PM

MODx tags, javascript, and other potentially dangerous content is filtered from all MODx requests to the front-end that go through index.php. This is why they are getting stripped. This will be configurable in future releases.

This is unfortunate - never noticed it before (probably because my site is still in development & its easier to change things in QuickEdit than going through proper FDM front-end editing). Is this behavior new in 0.9.61B?