We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 216 Posts
    I find your naming of MODx a little confusing. It made sense until I started reading of MODx2? Why MODx2 and MODx0.9.1? Actually, I imagine I just need MODx2 explained.

Thanks.
      • 3,975 Posts
      As far as I know, our early releases were "Technology Preview", which went 1, 2, 2.x, 3, 3.x, after that we released our official stable release as MODx 0.9.0. Now we have current release 0.9.1 and future releases will follow the 0.9.x pattern e.g. 0.9.2 etc.

I hope this clarify the confusion smiley

Thanks and regards,

zi
        Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
        • 1,193 Posts
        Also, back in the Etomite days, MODx2 was the name given to what is recorded as the first official module for Etomite. It added the web user functionality that we all enjoy today. Perhaps Ryan Thrash can give you the straight answer on that. My memory is choppy at best.

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
          All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • MODx and MODx2 were indeed the original unofficial mods at Etomite (modules, hah!).

When we were censored and all our content/resources removed from the Etomite site, we started releasing MODx Technology Previews, also known as TP1 and TP2.

In order to be "officially" recognized at OpenSourceCMS (and have a demo hosted), we lost the Technology Preview label, and released the first official (or stable) MODx release at 0.9.0. We’re days away from another 0.9.x series release with loads of new features and bug fixes. Then we’ll be shifting gears for a milestone 1.0 release effort. Just wait until we reveal the 1.0 roadmap following this release and I truly believe you won’t be disappointed, nor bothered by our quirky historical versioning schemes.
          wink
            • 216 Posts
            Thanks for the explanations.