We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 285 Posts
    Okay, this is driving me mad. This is the fourth MODx site I’ve set up, but for some reason I can’t get TinyMCE to work properly here. I’m running 0.9.6.1 and TinyMCE 2.1.2.

I’ve set the Plugin configurations exactly the same way as on the other sites.

I’ve got the Tools | Configuration | Interface & Features set up exactly the same as the other sites.

There are no user options over-riding the configuration.

But on the new site, none of the TinyMCE configurations are having any effect. I know they are identical to the other sites, because I’ve copied and pasted them across, and checked them.

What else could be causing this? Any ideas?

huh
    • Check the user overrides for the user you’re trying with...
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 285 Posts
        There aren’t any user overrides at all. sad
        • I’d try re-uploading your TinyMCE files, as there may be one or more corrupt files. I’ve had this happen before with FTP transfers, and it’s really frustrating indeed!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 285 Posts
            Tried that, too, from two different downloads and using two different FTP clients. No luck. I guess the next thing is to reinstall MODx completely, unless anyone has any other ideas?
              • 1,131 Posts
              Have you cleared out the cache of your browser? Also, does the problem occur in other browsers? Umm...what OS and browser are you using anyways?

Jeff
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                • 285 Posts
                Tried clearing the browser cache, to no avail! smiley

I’m using Windows XP, and I’ve tried the site in Firefox 2.0.0.11 and Opera 9.22.

I’ve got several other MODx sites with the same configurations that are running perfectly, so I suspect something has gone wrong with the installation. Either that or I’ve missed some option somewhere, but I’ve compared pretty closely and can’t *see* anything different.
                  • 285 Posts
                  Okay, I reinstalled (well, upgraded) and now everything is working fine. Don’t know what the error was, but it’s gone away. grin

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions!