We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    I’m generally impressed with TinyMCE as a RTE, but the default height (in manager and quickedit) is miserable - how can this be changed?
    I’ve read at least one other post asking this, so I can’t be alone here.

It’s also not clear from wiki’s etc how i might install the latest tinyMCE which has a draggable expanding textbox ( http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/example_full.php?example=true).

can anyone help here?

thanks

one planet, one chance
    • The installation instructions for the latest Tiny MCE should be available with the download. I believe there is a 2.1.2 version available now. The dynamic resize option is available from the Tools > Configuration tab (one of the subtabs, near the bottom) in 0.9.6.x.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 26 Posts
        thanks ryan - that got me going, though I did have a problem in install that a number of other seem to have shared - it wasn’t clear in the instructions where the folders were supposed to be uploaded to. in the end this forum advice I found made the difference:

When you unzip the files, you’ll see two folders: install and assets. Place the Install directory in the root of your MODx site. Then place the tinymce directory in the assets/plugins folder in the assets/plugins folder on your MODx site (same directory where the fckeditor directory is). After that, just visit the install directory to install the plugin (http//yourmodxsite/install/). After installing the plugin, be sure and delete the install directory off your server. That should do it!

Perhaps something like that could go on the plug in download page? The current instructions are quite misleading - at least to me anyway.

BTW - I’m running modx 9.5 because it’s been more stable for me, so can’t go dynamic resize via the config tab, as you suggested, yet - but i was able to edit the plug in in manage resources via $height=’800px’ - I think a lot of users may find that to be a better default [- my 2c]. Thanks again.
          one planet, one chance