We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 106 Posts
    Is there an setting that will allow text being pasted into the visual editor to NOT take on the styles of the original formatting applied to it? For example, when I copy formatted text out of a Microsoft Word Document, it appears with the same styles in the editor. I don’t want that. I want it to paste plain text so that my site styles will not be changed. Does anyone know if that can be done?

Regards,
    Matt
      • 225 Posts
      hi - one way to get rid of word formatting is by pasting it into an editor first and then copy/paste it again into TinyMCE.

The other way is using a plugin for this: http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins/paste

And the final solution for this - and the one I use whenever it’s possible - is to use Textile or Markdown instead of a Rich Text editor.
        René
      • There are a couple of extra clipboard icons in TinyMCE. One of them is a paste from Word, and the other is a paste as text. They have different icons, and you might explore those.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me