We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    i am having an issue with the TinyMCE editor which is probably obvious to persons with a good grasp of how it works, but that person is not me.

the problem is this: it breaks my links. i am using friendly urls and want to link to things accordingly (ie. on a child page of the home parent i would link to "../home.html" to get back to home). i know linking using the doc’s id would be preferable, but the people who will finally be up-keeping the site won’t be able to understand this.

so what happens is when i edit a page for any reason using TinyMCE it nukes the "../" off the beginning of hrefs and other paths. it does this even if i’m not editing them. it also removes the "../" from image paths. i have tried modifying the "Resource URL" setting in tools->configuration->interface & features, making it both "assets/" and "../assets/" but the same results.

i’ve searched around in the forums but haven’t found any other threads that i was able glean a fix from.

any tips?
      "A great democracy must be progressive, or soon it shall cease to be great, and soon it shall cease to be a democracy." -Theodore Roosevelt