We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 210 Posts
    Hello,

Some days ago I added a CSS selector under Tools=>Configuration=>Interface & Features => TinyMCE Settings. The selector was succesfully saved.

Today, I tried adding more selectors and custom buttons, but the settings are never saved. I tried changing theme, custom plugins, etc, but after I press the "save" button the old previous settings remain. The settings appear to be locked.

Please, does anybody know what might be happening here?

Thank you.

Mc

• 210 Posts
      Hello guys.

No suggestions for this one?
        • 210 Posts
        Well, I figured it out my self.

The "user" settings under "Security => Manage Users" have priority over the "Interface & Features" located under "Tools => Configuration".

Mc
          • 7,075 Posts
          Too bad I didn’t catch your post earlier, I could have told you that, it happened to me too tongue
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
            • 210 Posts
            Quote from: davidm at Oct 22, 2007, 04:10 PM

Too bad I didn’t catch your post earlier, I could have told you that, it happened to me too tongue

Yes, first it happened to me with the manager language, and I thought this TinyMCE could be related. smiley

By the way, I am having another kind of problem with TinyMCE. It is described here:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,18854.msg118682.html

Did it happen to you before?

Regards.

Mc

• 2 Posts
              Thanks for the info. I saw another post that suggested deleting and reinstalling tinyMCE. I’m so glad I saw your post on this.

And to clairify it for others (it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about) even if you’re logged in as the admin go to...

security -> manage users -> admin -> user tab -> scroll down and change it there

Thanks again!
                • 1,039 Posts
                A user in the german forum installed TinyMCE 2.1.2 (see repository) and now it seems to work also in the general settings. Can someone confirm?