We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 210 Posts
    Hi,

I have a strange problem, I hope you can help me.

In TinyMCE I insert an image, then I go to the Appearance Tab, and change the Alignment to "Absolute Middle". Then I click on the "update" button and I can see that the image alignment is changed. Then I save the document and the image alignment is lost, I don’t know why. I also tried changing the alignment and then switching to html editor (none), but the html code is immediately lost (or never generated).

Did you ever faced this strange problem?

Your help will be appreciated.

Mc
      • 210 Posts
      No suggestions?
        • 1,131 Posts
        sorry about the late reply. I’ll look at this and see if I can reproduce the issue. smiley

Jeff
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 210 Posts
          Quote from: Bravado at Oct 05, 2007, 04:44 PM

sorry about the late reply. I’ll look at this and see if I can reproduce the issue. smiley

Jeff

Thank you Jeff,

The same problems happens when you enclose the (text+image+text) in a div section. The Image "Absolute Middle" alignment is never saved.

regards,

Mc
            • 1,131 Posts
            Tested it out. "Absolute Middle" definite does not work. The TinyMCE Cleanup process is what disallows the "absmiddle" value for the alignment of the image. The reason? Standards-based practices have depricated this approach. Instead, use CSS to set the alignment of the image. Now, if you want to just ignore this suggestion then simply disable the Cleanup setting in the plugin config. Else, just set the Style for the image and you’re set. smiley

Jeff
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 210 Posts
              Quote from: Bravado at Oct 05, 2007, 05:06 PM

Tested it out. "Absolute Middle" definite does not work. The TinyMCE Cleanup process is what disallows the "absmiddle" value for the alignment of the image. The reason? Standards-based practices have depricated this approach. Instead, use CSS to set the alignment of the image. Now, if you want to just ignore this suggestion then simply disable the Cleanup setting in the plugin config. Else, just set the Style for the image and you’re set. smiley

Jeff

Thank you Jeff! I disabled the Cleanup setting and now it works fine.