We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 502 Posts
    Attached is a screenshot of the window that appears when running MODx 0.9.5 and you click on the TinyMCE link toolbar button.

As you can see it has a very useful drop-down list of all the current documents.

This appears to be missing from MODx 0.9.6. Why? How can I add it back in?

BTW I am using only the manager in both 0.9.5 and 0.9.6. I am using the version of TinyMCE that was included with these versions of MODx.

Andy
      • 354 Posts
      I can confirm this, on my new installs of 0.9.6 it is also missing.

Could anybody assist us (me and the original poster) in getting it back in? This feature is quite essential to our clients and I also find it quite handy myself.
        • 354 Posts
        I have found the MODx TinyMCE wiki page here http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/TinyMCE

It offered sufficient information to get this fully back to older versions behaviour including the link list. Anyway here’s a short steps list to switch the link list on:

1. Go to ’Ressources’ > ’Manage Ressources’ > ’Plugins’ > ’TinyMCE - 2.1.1.1: TinyMCE RichText Editor Plugin’
        2. Then go to ’Configuration’
        3. Scroll down to ’Link List’ and set it to ’enabled’, click and ’save’ and you’re done.
          • 502 Posts
          Excellent! That worked. Thanks! I wonder why it the default is to disable it?

Andy
            • 354 Posts
            Because it slows everything down if there are many internal documents to loosely quote the wiki explanation.

If you’d ask me I’d tune the defaults for the medium scale websites though.