We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 502 Posts
    I’ve posted about this problem in the past but I never received a complete answer. So I’m trying again. tongue

Attached is an image of TinyMCE in my copy of MODx 0.9.5. The theme is "Full Featured".

How do I get this setup in MODx 0.9.6? I’ve tried all the themes and none of them produce such a large selection of buttons in TinyMCE. Thanks.

Andy
      • 12 Posts
      Humm, I wonder if there’s a bug with the TinyMCE plugin under 0.9.6 because that’s what I’m running too and for the life of me I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to change from the "Simple" theme to the "Advanced" theme. I’ve changed the settings both under Tools -> Configuration and Security -> Manage Users, but the toolbar settings seem to have no effect on the editor.
        • 1,131 Posts
        We did away with the Full Featured theme due to the fact that not every option needs to be available to every user. You have to use the "Custom" theme and setup the plugins and button rows you want that are not in the other themes. Checkout the TinyMCE wiki entry (http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/TinyMCE) and the Moxiecode Wiki (http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Index) on how to do this. If you still run into problems let me know. smiley

Jeff
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 12 Posts
          Ah-ha! Thanks for pointing this out. I’m very familiar with configuring TinyMCE and I think the source of confusion is that MODx’s "advanced" theme doesn’t equate to TinyMCE’s advanced theme setting. As you pointed out, MODx’s "custom" theme is equivalent to TinyMCE’s advanced theme setting which allows you to customize the buttons, etc. You may want to consider changing the wording of your theme settings so it’s less confusing.