We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 13 Posts
    What is the path or means to have the TINYMCE editor show Styles in the dropdown Styles menu within the editor? Right now, nothing is in the dropdown. I would like to have the client be able to access some styles while inputting content. I have searched the forum but haven’t been able to use the information I found. I’ve also searched the web- same result. Thanks for any help.
      • 1,131 Posts
      You can use a combination of the "Path to CSS file" and "CSS Selector" configuration parameters to get the desired result. Although instructions are there within the manager for the CSS Selector option, here’s how they should be entered:

displayName=selectorName;displayName2=selectorName2

For instance, say you have .mono and .smallText selectors in your CSS file, you could add them here as:

Monospaced text=mono;Small text=smallText

Note that the last entry should not have a semi-colon after it.

For the "Path to CSS file" option, create a simple CSS file of nothing but classes and such that will coincide with the classes you’re using for your Styles dropdown. This will let editor see how content might look when it’s published. You might need to tweak the CSS file after the fact to get the desired results since TinyMCE will likely display the CSS a bit differently.

Hope this helps! smiley

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 13 Posts
        Thanks I’ll try that.
          • 209 Posts
          Quote from: Bravado at Jul 30, 2007, 12:30 PM

You can use a combination of the "Path to CSS file" and "CSS Selector" configuration parameters to get the desired result. Although instructions are there within the manager for the CSS Selector option, here’s how they should be entered:

displayName=selectorName;displayName2=selectorName2

For instance, say you have .mono and .smallText selectors in your CSS file, you could add them here as:

Monospaced text=mono;Small text=smallText

Note that the last entry should not have a semi-colon after it.

For the "Path to CSS file" option, create a simple CSS file of nothing but classes and such that will coincide with the classes you’re using for your Styles dropdown. This will let editor see how content might look when it’s published. You might need to tweak the CSS file after the fact to get the desired results since TinyMCE will likely display the CSS a bit differently.

Hope this helps! smiley

Jeff

I tried this, but it doesn’t work. I don’t see the new style in the dropdown of the TinyMCE. I have one CSS in the tinymce2111 directory, with only one class. I put the url in the "Path to CSS file", and I added the style to the "CSS Selectors". But I cannot see the style in the dropdown.
            Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
            • 13 Posts
            This worked for me fine. Could you give me the details on what you have in the css sheet and the css selector.
              • 209 Posts
              Quote from: MTWKCMWD at Aug 27, 2007, 09:49 PM

This worked for me fine. Could you give me the details on what you have in the css sheet and the css selector.

Ah I’m sorry... the problem was with my FTP client, it didn’t upload the files ;-)
                Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
                • 209 Posts
                Quote from: MTWKCMWD at Aug 27, 2007, 09:49 PM

Ok, it works, but...

1) The displayed name is the class name, no matter what I put before it in the configuration (I have "Fixed font=fixedfont;Code Block=codeblock", but in the style box I have the choice "fixedfont" and "codeblock").
                2) The Advanced, Custom or Content Editor in the combo box of the configuration is not saved.
                  Daniele "MadMage" Calisi