We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 103 Posts
    I’ve been searching and haven’t found anything in detail as to how I would customize the button sets in TinyMCE? How to disable(remove) certain buttons or enable(add) buttons to the editor. It seems like in the plug-in configuration page that I could do this, and I’ve tried removing buttons from the "Button Row" section(s) and/or in the "Plug-in Configuration" text area as well yet the buttons still show up in the editor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Michael
      • 1,131 Posts
      You have to set the theme to "Custom" for the plugin and button assignments to work. Theme selection for the manager is in the System Configuration part of the manager. But for a front-end TV you can set the theme via a plugin configuration parameter called Web Theme. The Web Buttons and Web Plugins parameters are for front-end only use as well.

As far as what to put for the plugin and button assignments, refer to the TinyMCE wiki for more details (http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Index). The default options in these fields are the same as the Content Editor theme so that should give you a nice start. smiley

Feel free to post a reply if you have any other questions.

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 103 Posts
        Quote from: Bravado at May 25, 2007, 02:20 PM

You have to set the theme to "Custom" for the plugin and button assignments to work. Theme selection for the manager is in the System Configuration part of the manager. But for a front-end TV you can set the theme via a plugin configuration parameter called Web Theme. The Web Buttons and Web Plugins parameters are for front-end only use as well.

As far as what to put for the plugin and button assignments, refer to the TinyMCE wiki for more details (http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Index). The default options in these fields are the same as the Content Editor theme so that should give you a nice start. smiley

Feel free to post a reply if you have any other questions.

Jeff

Ok, so I got that part. Now, in any of the ’themes’ there are no more buttons for editing tables. These buttons used to appear with the ’Advanced’ theme in version 2.0.8. I’ve looked at an old install to see if I could duplicate the button set and make it the ’Custom’ theme but, seems that the call for the table controls is different now . . they didn’t show up. Any advice on how to get these button sets back?

Thanks!
          • 1,131 Posts
          You have to choose "Custom" for the theme and add the Table plugin and button assignments (http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins/table). Just add "table" to the plugins setting and add "tablecontrols" to one of the button row settings. That should do the trick. smiley

Jeff
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."