We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 109 Posts
    Please let me preface this "bug" report with the caveat that I am brand new to MODx, CSS and HTML in general.

While creating a chunk, I thought I would try using the TinyMCE edit for kicks instead writing raw html. It seemed to work fine until I decided I wanted to wrap the entire chunk in a <div>.

I think what we started with was this:
    <p>
    <strong>GUILT-FREE FREE DOWNLOADS</strong>
    <p>
    Please do NOT feel guilty about downloading any materials from this site without a donation!
    We ask for a donation to help us meet our financial goals but GOAL #1 is to make the information available to as many people as will find it helpful.
    IF you find the material helpful, we ask you to do two things:
    </p>
    <ol>
    <ol>
    <li>Spread the word - please refer others to this site******REFERRAL PAGE LINK HERE**********</li>
    <li>
    IF you can afford to donate, please do so either per item or on a continuing basis****DONATION LINK HERE****</li>
    </ol>
    </ol>
    <p>
    We are grateful simply for the opportunity you have given us to be of service to you&nbsp;
    </p>

I then thought I would place the cursor at the beginning of the first line, click on the editor’s paragraph drop down box and choose div to see what would happen. To my surprise, I got this:
    <p>
    &lt;
    </p>
    <div>
    &gt;<strong>GUILT-FREE FREE DOWNLOADS</strong><!--
    <div-->
    &gt;
    <p>
    &nbsp;
    </p>
    <p>
    Please do NOT feel guilty about downloading any materials from this site without a donation!
    We ask for a donation to help us meet our financial goals but GOAL #1 is to make the information available to as many people as will find it helpful.
    IF you find the material helpful, we ask you to do two things:
    </p>
    <ol>
    <ol>
    <li>Spread the word - please refer others to this site******REFERRAL PAGE LINK HERE**********</li>
    <li>
    IF you can afford to donate, please do so either per item or on a continuing basis****DONATION LINK HERE****</li>
    </ol>
    </ol>
    <p>
    We are grateful simply for the opportunity you have given us to be of service to you&nbsp;
    </p>
    </div>

Notice the stray < and > and the comment marks. I’ll do what I need to do by hand but I thought I should report this seemingly strange behavior. Thanks for a great product! - John
      http://www.spiritualoutreach.com
      Making Christianity intelligible to secular society
      • 1,131 Posts
      Yeah, applying a DIV from the formatting menu is a bit quirky. Best bet would be to simply edit the raw HTML code and add in a DIV tag manually.
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."