We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi all,

I’m designing a site for my school’s TV network. Basically, I’m using the default blog module included with MODx along with the FlvPlayer snippet to post the video of the show we produce every day. Since students with no real computer abilities are going to be posting these blogs, I want to make it as easy as possible for them to include the snippet. What I’ve done so far is change the default content of the blogContent Template Variable to read the following:
    [[FlvPlayer?file=FILENAME.flv&width=480&height=360]]
    <br>
    Show Date: 00/00/2007<br>
    Show Info: Insert Show Description here

Basically, my goal would be for the person to be able to go to the Add a Blog page, just change and add onto the content above (which would already be in the form), and then post it without having to actually write any code. My problem, however, is that when you go to the page now, the page calls the snippet rather than just posting the code, leaving it impossible to edit. I tried taking out the [[ and ]] and then instructing people to just put them around the snippet when they post the blog, but TinyMCE messes around with the code so that the snippet code can no longer be read by MODx.

Here is my question:

Can I either a) change TinyMCE to ignore snippets so that I can display the code right in the textbox or b) somehow make the textbox in the Add a Blog page text only with no WYSIWYG editor? I’ve tried doing the latter but I can’t figure out how.

Even better than all of this, however, would be a way to have a button that says "attatch video" and then gave you the option to find the FLV file and upload it...I’m guessing this is quite a bit harder to do though...any thoughts?

Thanks!!
    Sean