We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 285 Posts
    Okay, I think I’m probably being really dumb here, but I just don’t seem to be able to alter the buttons available on TinyMCE. I’ve gone to Resources -> Plugins -> TinyMCE -> Configuration and changed the options listed in Button Row 1, Button Row 2 etc, BUT... these don’t seem to relate to the buttons that are actually shown on TinyMCE, and changing them doesn’t appear to do anything (the only thing I’ve managed to do is to change the options in the ’Format’ dropdown).

I particularly want to get rid of the various justify options. I’ve read through as many support threads as I could find, but I couldn’t work out how to do this. Anyone got any suggestions?

I’m using TinyMCE 2.08 with MODx 0.95. I’m using the advanced theme.

Thanks!

sad
      • 7,075 Posts
      I encountered the same issue and in my case, it was the user preferences which was overriding the default ones... maybe check this out...
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 1,131 Posts
        Also, you have to have the Custom theme selected else any changes to the plugins and button fields won’t do jack. Also, check out the TinyMCE Wiki for more details on plugin and button assignments (http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Index). Main thing to remember is that a plugin must be assigned for certain buttons to work. And button names don’t always coincide with an exact plugin name either so it’s good to reference back to the wiki for help. wink

Jeff
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 285 Posts
          Thanks, both of you. I’ll check those out.

Jeff: I’m not seeing a custom theme. Only basic, advanced and full featured. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks