We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 277 Posts
    Hi Folks
    can anyone tell me how to activate the internal templating in tinyMCE, and how to place the templates, to be available inside tinyMCE.

thanks a lot.
      • 788 Posts
      I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Could you clarify?

If you want the CSS styling to apply inside the RTE, such as TinyMCE, then go to Tools>>Configuration>>Interface&Features>>"Path to CSS file:"

Then place in there the path to your CSS file. Although it says to do it from your root, usually starting at /assets/templates/template/site.css, I could only get it to work with the absolute path to the CSS. Probably a server or configuration error on my part.
        Jesse R.
        Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
        Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
        Donate now. Every contribution helps.
        • 277 Posts
        Hi jesster444
        what I really need is the possibility to add a template to tinymce that I can use several times in the same document.
        It is ment for a real estate site. lets say they have a house with 3 floors. on each floor there are 3-4 apartments. So I would need to be able to create a template for each floor, calling them in on e document and then call the all the contents of the whole folder with ditto. In the end I would have a folder with lets say 10 houses. and I could call the byy ditto into a single side.
          • 788 Posts
          It sounds like what you want is to create template variables. If so, this reading my be helpful.

http://modxcms.com/template-variables.html
            Jesse R.
            Illinois Wine

• 277 Posts
            I will try if I can handle this with a TV, but I am not really sure.
            I need a div with a table of 3 rows 4 cells floated left and a image with the floorplan floated rigth inside this div. Very important the client should be able to manage that whole thing himself to replace the free sign to sold.
              • 788 Posts
              For the free sign to sold, just use a TV that is set as a drop down box, with the option as sold or not, and you can use that to set the SRC of the image. I really think what you are trying to accomplish can be done with TVs.
                Jesse R.
                Illinois Wine

• 277 Posts
                OK
                I have tried to do it as tv’s hovever I have a problem here. When I create individual tv’s per floor I need at least 12 tv’s per floor. (Rooms, Squermeters, availability, price and link to a pdf)

I’ve tried to have a single tv per appartment, with rich text editor to edit the content, but tinymce is deleting all html tags.

this is the way I created the tv.

<td> Zimmer </td>
                <td> Bruttofläche </td>
                <td> Status </td>
                <td> Preis </td>
                <td> pdf </td>

and then calling it into the chunk like this
                <table>
                <tr class="olive">
                [*#wohnung2*]
                </tr>
                </table>

Is there a way to prevent tinymce from removing html tags?
                  • 788 Posts
                  I don’t know if you are using TVs in the correct way. They can be difficult to grasp at the very beginning. Try checking this thread for a nice example.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,9989.0.html
                    Jesse R.
                    Illinois Wine