We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    Hi,
    i just wantet to add some more classe to the styles menu of TinyMCE but they are not listet. Since I cant find a mistake in what Im doing (everything was ok for the first 4 style-classes) I wonder if there is a limit?
    I only can get 4 different classes in there.

Good night

Nudibranch
      Smile, it confuses people!
      • 129 Posts
      If there is a limit it is much larger than 4 so you have a different issue.

• Verify your CSS selectors: under configuration are all set so they will show up in the Menu.
      • Verify that you are only trying to attach classes ([tt].class[/tt]) and not IDs ([tt]#id[/tt]) in your style menu. TinyMCE will always use [tt]class="stylename"[/tt] in the HTML code so IDs will break.
      • Verify that your new styles are in the same style sheet that you have attached to TinyMCE in your configuration under Path to CSS file:.
      • Check your CSS code and run it through validation (http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/). An error in your syntax might prevent TinyMCE from properly reading your CSS.

Only the first item should effect what is in the style list in TinyMCE the others will effect if the styles in the list work properly.
        "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
        -- Sydney Harris
        • 113 Posts
        Mmmmhhh,
        double-double checked it, and here is the copy:

Tabelle allgemein=tabelle; Tabelle Links=tablinks; Code=code; Menuepunkt=mpunkt; Bildunterschrift=bildu 

it still looks like this in the style pop-up (see pic). Menuepoint is my problem, i tried different positions first, last, before last. Nothing happens.

Im sure everything is OK with the css, when I do formatting manually everthing works fine.

Any other Idea or do I have tomatoes on my eyes?

Nudibranch
          • 129 Posts
          It is odd that only menupoint is not showing up since it is not the last item. At this point I really have no idea what your problem is. Bug perhaps?

Have you tried changing the name of the buggy item?

Maybe even retype the whole call in case there is some kind of hidden character issue.

I am really just grasping at this point though.
            "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
            -- Sydney Harris
            • 1,131 Posts
            I’ll look into this and verify it. If it’s a bug then I’ll make sure a fix goes out with the latest version. smiley
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 1,131 Posts
              Well...just tried it out with the latest version (2.1.0) using Firefox. Works good for me. Have you tried giving the latest version a try? Oh...and I suppose you just might have tomatoes on your eyes! wink

Jeff
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                • 113 Posts
                Hi Jeff,

I had Version 2.06 of Tiny and I doubledoublechecked everthing with and without tomatoes ;-).
                Now I tried!! to install the latest version of Tiny, but ... you know - Tomatoes.
                I did’nt deinstall the older version so i have both now in the plugginlist, but if I try to activate the lasted version, I do not have any Tiny Editor at all.

In the older version - it came to me recently - the problem is’nt a kind of limit. I cannot change my css- styles anyway. Even if I delete everthing from "System Configuration / Interface & Editor Settings" i still get the styles in the list i made up 4 weeks ago.

What do you suggest? Remove the hole Tiny completely and then install again? And if yes, what is the best way to do it?

Thank you for help
                  • 1,131 Posts
                  Just go to the Resource->Plugins list and delete the one you don’t need. After that, you can kill the assets/plugins/tinymce directory. The new version has a directory named tinymce210. We’re adding the version number as part of the directory name to keep things in line while upgrading. So long as you have no TinyMCE plugins listed under Resources->Plugins you can safely upload the new TinyMCE files and run the installer to add in the new plugin code. smiley

Jeff
                    Jeff Whitfield

• 113 Posts
                    Thank you Jeff,

everything is working fine now.

So I will remove the tomatoes smiley

Nudibranch
                    • Just make chili! grin
                        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org