We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 53 Posts
    Hi,

I’ve just started with MODx (0.9.5) and I’m trying to customise TinyMCE so that my client can only make edits which obey the template CSS.

I’ve updated my plugin to 2.0.9 and set up my custom button map and that’s working fine, except that the styleselect field is missing.

In the page output html source I can see:
    theme_advanced_buttons2 : "styleselect,formatselect,bold,italic,underline,separator,bullist,numlist,separator,image,link,unlink,anchor",

so presumably tiny_mce.js is getting the right config info.

Strangely, if I change my theme from ’custom’ to ’advanced’, styleselect reappears. However, it doesn’t pick up the classes from content_css, which is found and applied to the content area.

Any help appreciated. I want to get this plugin nonsense out of the way and start having fun with MODx.
    Apologies if this is more an issue for Moxie.
      • 1,131 Posts
      Could you post the code output for the TinyMCE instance that’s having the problem? All I really need is the contents for the tinyMCE.init call. smiley
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 53 Posts
        Eh oops..

I had ’ theme_advanced_disable : "styleselect" ’ from when I was playing around with the button map previously. rolleyes

As an aside, although 2.0.9 introduces a nice separation between FE and Manager settings, it would make things easier to be able to configure TinyMCE from one place rather than two. Especially since the Resources manager has the ’After saving: Continue editing’ option, for trial and error editing.

Cheers
          • 1,131 Posts
          Heh heh...I’m done that several times! Aggravating when you can’t find out why something is behaving properly. Then, when you do find it, turns out to be something mundane and simple...then you feel like a moron! LOL!

Yeah, I hate having the settings separated in two...but it felt like the most logical thing to do since I wanted to be sure that users had the ability to set overrides. One of the things I’ll likely be experimenting with is a way to integrate some of the plugin settings so that they’ll show up as options when creating TV’s...either that or a module that allows for creating special instances of TinyMCE for different purposes. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."