We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hello I’m a new user for Modx 0.95 in a local install.

My resolution is in 1600*1200 (native resolution). I had to change the default fonts in the manager for seen something, it’s better now grin
    Now I have test the front office input with the TinyMCE by defaut (or is it the quickedit module?).

But actually it’s unusable for quick and common edit:

• symbols are ridiculously small
    • fonts seems more than lines grin
    • the pop-up is not a the good size for display all buttons

Doest it exist somethings more flexible with a adjusting possibility in the manager for me or my different users?
      • 1,131 Posts
      Can you post a screenshot with an example? That sounds really odd...and suspicious! What OS and browser?
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 1 Posts
        Sure I could make some more scrots. In fact I use a linux distribution on a big screen like are usually sell today and wear some glasses laugh

I have test with Konqueror: the pseudo interface does not display (1) and in Firefox (2) it’s "freezed" arbitrarily. The accessibilty is bad and doesn’t respect W3C rules. In fact all the manager is the same. TD are used instead of a flexible presentation with span and div. Columns does not looks well cose I have fix the minimum font size: it the first liberty for a browser and for a user. "Webmasters" abuse for too small fonts and I hate that, my eyes too grin

I must use the default size I have redefined in my Firefox/Konqueror preferences for seeing the text in a confortable view: I have content to manage wink
        User should free to fix the size for TinyMCE: the buttons doesn’t move and go in a newline if I resize the windows which pop-ups not in the right size to display all TinyMCE full featured.

It’s a pitty but I suppose I’m not the first to report so amazing choices for a CMS witch should flexible.

Fonts are msttcorefonts, so they came from xp.

#edit
        I just have seen that FCKeditor follow the window’s browser redimension http://www.fckeditor.net/demo
        • Quick Edit will be undergoing revisions after the next release, until then feel free to help out by contributing code that makes it work better! smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1 Posts
            Konqueror is a open source free software, I would remember it.
            Now you can imagine what I don’t say. I’m not a moralist grin
              • 1,131 Posts
              I think the real problem is that TinyMCE isn’t well supported or tested for Konquer. Firefox should work well for it...regardless of whether it’s on a Mac, Windows, or Linux OS. The MoxieCode guys just put out a 2.1.0 release so...who knows...it just might work better for you. I just released the 2.0.9 version of the plugin and I’ll be working hard this weekend to get the latest version out. Shouldn’t take long! smiley In the meantime, test it out with Firefox.

In regards to not respecting W3C rules...yeah, that’s been sort of an ongoing thing. MoxieCode has tried hard to improve the cleanup routines and it appears that each release improves on things. It’s not perfect...neither is any other editor for that matter...even FCKEditor isn’t without flaws.
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."