We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 144 Posts
    Hello!

Everytime I insert a flash object into a post, TinyMCE converts it to an Object.
    And later, when I edit the post, I cannot see that object (or even the image placeholder) but instead, there’s a little red dot.
    I’m using modx 9.5. where TinyMCE is included.

What can be done to avoid this kind of behavior?

Also, when adding an Image in TinyMCE (as a site manager) I get to browse the images folder, but I cannot see the pictures, only "broken picture" image placeholders.
    Why does that happen?

My hosting service does not allow an URL file acquisition, might that be the problem?

TIA
    AndraZ
      • 1,193 Posts
      I hate this about TinyMCE too. Everytime I put in a flash object, it resizes it to width=0 height=0. that is why you get the red dot. the flash object has a red outline in TinyMCE. I finally gave up and just put the code to include the flash object in a chunk.

as far as using embed vs object, please see this article at a list apart. the <embed> tag was invented by netscape in the early 90’s and has never been part of the W3C standard. including an <embed> tag in your page will cause validation to fail.

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 1,193 Posts
        Quote from: andrazk at Dec 06, 2006, 04:12 PM

Also, when adding an Image in TinyMCE (as a site manager) I get to browse the images folder, but I cannot see the pictures, only "broken picture" image placeholders.
        Why does that happen?

in 0.9.5, select Tools-> Configuration.
        under the Interface & Editor tab, there are two fields called Resource Path and Resource URL. Make sure that these correctly point to your assets folder.

-sD-
        Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 1,131 Posts
          I’m not sure why this particular behavior is happening....but I’ll certainly do some investigating to find out. I’ll try and post a fix once I’ve found the solution. If someone else happens on a solution let me know. laugh

L8R!

Jeff
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 1,131 Posts
            Alright, kids...here’s your answer...

Go to the TinyMCE plugin configuration. In the Plugins field, remove the ’flash’ plugin. Then look for the ’flash’ button in one of the Button Rows and remove it as well. I’ve discovered that there is a conflict between the Flash and Media plugins for TinyMCE. It’s recommended that you use one or the other. I figure that since the Media plugin will handle Flash might as well use it. smiley

I’ll update the TinyMCE plugin and upload it to the Repository. In the meantime, just remove ’flash’ from the Plugins and Button Row fields and you’ll be ok.

L8R!

Jeff
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 1,193 Posts
              Damn Jeff!!!! 29 minutes
              thats fast. thanks for looking into this man,

-sD-

• 144 Posts
                Quote from: Dr. at Dec 06, 2006, 04:23 PM

Quote from: andrazk at Dec 06, 2006, 04:12 PM

Why does that happen?

in 0.9.5, select Tools-> Configuration.
                under the Interface & Editor tab, there are two fields called Resource Path and Resource URL. Make sure that these correctly point to your assets folder.

The paths were set automatically and I’ve checked them, they point to the assets folder. With a trailing slash.

But I’ve located the problem. I had some other pictures in subfolders with invalid file permissions. I’ve fixed that.
                  • 73 Posts
                  Thanks for the fix, Jeff. Guess it’s time to close bug 676
                    • 7 Posts
                    hi ppl,

i’ve a same problem like when adding an image through tinymce it says Error"Failed uploading a file"... have noted all your points everything seem to be correct. could you plz help me to solve this issue.

rock.
                      • 144 Posts
                      Check the folder permissions and folder/files owner.