We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7 Posts
    I have searched the ’archives’ of this forum for any help on this but no luck. I am using tinyMCE in MODX 95 rc2. I have content_css path set but the styles will not show up in Firefox in the select styles dropdown. They do show up in IE.

Also, it appears that not all selectors, classes or ids will show from the style sheets. I originally had a baseline stylesheet that used imports for the other stylesheets. This did not work for tinyMCE so had to link each stylesheet seperately. But still not all of the classes, selectors or ids will show.

Funny, as a friend has used MODX 95 rc2 and tinyMCE with basic configuration and he has styles show up in Firefox and IE. Our modx settings are identical.

Any workarounds? Thanks for any help in advance!
      • 1,131 Posts
      I’ll look into all this over the weekend and will get back to you. But right now...time to cook a turkey! wink

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 1,131 Posts
        I responded to your post on the Moxiecode forums (http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=16964)...but here’s my response with a little more editing...

The problem is likely due to a path issue. IE can be a little forgiving when it comes to paths whereas Firefox is not so be sure and check your path. Relative paths don’t always work so good. A root path or a full URL path works the best. I tested both IE7 and Firefox on Windows XP with MODx running on a Linux box...no problems.

Now, as for selectors, classes, ID’s and such...it appears that TinyMCE only utilizes simple class selectors for populating the Style dropdown. All complex selectors and ID’s are ignored. This makes total sense if you consider that ID’s should not be targeted for this purpose anyways. Simple classes also make sense since it’s much easier to deal with from a programming perspective...much easier to populate a dropdown from them. The best way to deal with this is to create a unique CSS file specifically geared for use in TinyMCE. Drop your classes in it as simple selectors and tweak it to display everything to resemble how it might look on a page. This is the best way to ensure that everything works as it should. smiley

Jeff
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."