We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Running ModX Evo: I’m in a bind and I’m not sure how to fix it. As of this morning TinyMCE no longer shows in the manager. The plugin hasn’t been touched since ModX was installed and now any fields that are supposed to be rich text are just plain text interface. Can anyone give me some pointers on what to do?
      • 10 Posts
      Ok so for some reason my htaccess file was all messed up. Odd considering I’m the only person with access except my ISP. Sorry to waste your time.
        • 24,544 Posts
        I might be a good idea to poke around looking for malicious changes. Was there anything suspicious in the .htaccess file? Take a look at the index.php file in the root to see if it has changed as well.

I’d change all passwords (cPanel, MODX Login, DB) just to be on the safe side.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 80 Posts
          Quote from: hephaestoskin at Apr 24, 2011, 05:39 PM

Ok so for some reason my htaccess file was all messed up. Odd considering I’m the only person with access except my ISP. Sorry to waste your time.

What was messed up in your htaccess file that messed up TinyMCE??? I’m having the same problem as you, modx revo 2.0.8-pl w/ tinyMCE 4.2.3. The system settings are correct with TinyMCE enabled. The page has the richText turned on. It was working before. Now it’s a steaming pile of shit, oh I’m sorry, crap.

TinyMCE sucks balls.
            Environment:
            modx: rev 2.0.8-pl
            localhost: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) PHP/5.2.11 DAV/2, MySQL client version: 5.1.37
            • 15 Posts
            Did you find any answers about modx revo 2.0.8-pl w/ tinyMCE 4.2.3? I’ve got the same issue. No RichText editor appearing for my resources.
              • 80 Posts
              Quote from: rambleonme at May 13, 2011, 06:40 AM

Did you find any answers about modx revo 2.0.8-pl w/ tinyMCE 4.2.3? I’ve got the same issue. No RichText editor appearing for my resources.

I fixed mine by deleting some form customization rules that were referenceing tab id’s that didn’t exist which was causing javascript errors thus preventing the tiny bastard from loading:) my fault ... so if you didn’t mess with your form customization rules then its different
              Check with Firebug Firefox plugin console and see what errors show up. If no errors then it could be permissions or config typo/error.
                Environment:
                modx: rev 2.0.8-pl
                localhost: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) PHP/5.2.11 DAV/2, MySQL client version: 5.1.37
                • 55 Posts
                If it can be useful to anyone, I've had this problem recently with Revo 2.2.13.
                The reason was some wrong info in the config.inc.php file.

I changed the MODX_ASSETS_PATH and it solved the issue.