We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    I’m a relative newbie so please be patient.

I installed Modx Revo 2.0.8-pl (traditional)and the 4.2.3-pl (April 11 release) TinyMCE package from the ModX repository.

When I try to insert a link, it hesitates a second with a pop-up then prompts me to download link.php instead of a dialog window. Replicated in Firefox and Chrome.

What am I doing wrong? It’s a clean install and currently it is the only package installed. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

I just tried it on a different computer, but now the Insert/Edit Link pop-up is just blank, the URL points to: ../assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/modxlink/link.php?v=208pl
      • 1,572 Posts
      I'm having the exact same problem, I've upgraded to the latest tinymce to see if that resolved it but it hasnt.

Error log has the following:

[2011-09-16 15:51:45] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
      Array
      (
          [0] => 42S22
          [1] => 1054
          [2] => Unknown column 'modActionDom.rank' in 'order clause'
      )

• This is for a fresh install or did you move it? If you moved it try running setup again.
          Patrick | Server Wrangler
          About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
          • 49 Posts
          Strangely enough.. i'm having this same issue with EVO! I posted about it here http://forums.modx.com/thread/77185/tinymce-advance-edit-pop-ups-blank-on-mac#dis-post-427626

This started happening after i upgraded to 1.0.6 from 0.XXX something!.

I've tried everything. Re-Installing TinyMCE, CKeditor, even modx re-install (upgrade). Nothing has helpped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.