We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hello folks.
    I seem to have a little trouble with TinyMCE here, seeing as it isn’t showing stuff like Table and so on..
    I use MODx Revolution 2.0.4-pl2 and tinymce-4.1.2-rc1.

It’s a clean install of tinymce aswell.

I’m completely lost here, not really sure on how to set up / configure the program at all.
    Oh and if someone could tell me how to enable / use Front End editing, it’d just be lovely aswell.

Any help would be lovely!

Thanks in Advance.
      • 428 Posts
      Hello,
      Quote from: cojdesign at Dec 03, 2010, 10:37 PM

I seem to have a little trouble with TinyMCE here, seeing as it isn’t showing stuff like Table and so on..
      Go to System Settings, select the TinyMCE area and add tablecontrols in one of the Custom Buttons Row.

Quote from: cojdesign at Dec 03, 2010, 10:37 PM

Oh and if someone could tell me how to enable / use Front End editing, it’d just be lovely aswell.
      You can try:

Intégrateur web freelance
        • 2 Posts
        Fantastic!
        Thanks alot, will try out the Easyedit solution I believe
          • 40 Posts
          Heads up - the "tinymce" area isn’t listed in the drop down for areas (at least for me on a clean install), and it doesn’t show up under the Rich Text Editor area. You’ll have to search for "Custom" in the filter search to find it.
            • 40 Posts
            I tried this and it didn’t add the table buttons.

FYI the "tinymce" area isn’t listed in my drop down, I had to search for it in the Filter Search with the phrase "Custom"
              • 121 Posts
              Martijn van Turnhout Reply #6, 13 years, 2 months ago
              Thanks for the info! I have another, closely related, question though:

how can I change the contents of the "formatselect" dropdown menu? For example, I’d like to remove the options for the users to add a <div>, <address> and <h1>. I have no clue how to do this properly in Revolution though.

Can anyone help me out?

--- EDIT ---

Never mind my question, I’ve already found the answer! I searched for "blockformat" in the system settings and I got what I wanted. The system settings seem to be a bit... scattered when it comes to looking up TinyMCE-related issues. That could use some work.
                • 84 Posts
                Quote from: bdogsputnik at Feb 06, 2011, 03:22 PM

Heads up - the "tinymce" area isn’t listed in the drop down for areas (at least for me on a clean install), and it doesn’t show up under the Rich Text Editor area. You’ll have to search for "Custom" in the filter search to find it.

to finish this: here’s what I did to add table controls to tinyMCE for ModX Revolution 2.0:

Go to System -> System Settings.

search by key: "custom" OR select "tinymce" from the drop-down NEXT TO "Filter by area..." *

Update Setting "Custom Buttons Row 3" (or any other Row# you want) and enter: tablecontrols
                Update setting "Custom Plugins" and add ",table" (without the "") at the end of the list.

Done.

*: I have to note: intuitively I was expecting the area "tinymce" in the drop-down that actually is labeld "filter by area" and NOT in the dropdown labelled "core" by default.