We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 139 Posts
    Has anyone else had a problem with text wrapping within TinyMCE in Revo? See attached screenshot and note the hugegantic horizontal scrollbar. It’s also adding double the typical spacing between paragraphs (<p>nbsp;</p> or break elements are not between them in the code). I’ve seen this since beta versions... anybody know how to fix it?
      • 4,149 Posts
      Can you file it as a bug here:

http://github.com/splittingred/TinyMCE/issues/

And I’ll take a look at it.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 139 Posts
        Will do. Thanks, Shaun!
          • 5 Posts
          I had this problem too. I fixed it by specifying the path to my style sheet in the editor_css_path system setting.
            • 87 Posts
            I’m having this problem too.

GusRuss89 -- What stylesheet? Like the stylesheet you are using for your website? Am I supposed to put something in my stylesheet that will make it wrap?
              • 165 Posts
              I’m having lots of problems with TinyMCE 4.1.2 in Revo 2.0.4. Getting the formatting right is a pain. Paragraph tags aren’t added, lines breaks/paragraph breaks sometimes appear as huge, line breaks go missing, pasting text is unpredictable and so on. I dread each time I have to demo MODx Revo to a client purely because TimyMCE is a mess.

I’m sorry I can’t describe the problems I’m having in more detail, but I’m sure it can easily be replicated by trying to do some basic content editing. I’m using Firefox 3.6 on a Mac.
                • 45 Posts
                Quote from: ingero at Nov 22, 2010, 04:19 PM

What stylesheet? Like the stylesheet you are using for your website? Am I supposed to put something in my stylesheet that will make it wrap?
                I just put a very stripped down version of my text styles into a file and referenced that. The path should be added in System > System Settings > Rich-Text Editor.

As well as fixing the non-wrapping content your text editor will render like your front end too.
                • GusRuss89 -- could you please elaborate on what styles you used to get the text to wrap? I'm able to set my TinyMCE width, but the content just continues horizontally without breaking and causes a scroll bar.
                    • 10 Posts
                    This still happens if you add the Table custom plugin (changing editor theme to "custom", adding "table" to the custom plugins field, and adding "tablecontrols" to one of the custom button rows). To get the wrap function to start working again, be sure to set "Auto-fix Table Elements" to "Yes" (default is "No").

I have attached a screenshot (showing changes to the tinymce section to add table controls along with the required adjustment to auto-fix table elements, highlighted in yellow).