We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    Hello All -

I’m new to MODx (as in today) so it’s entirely possible I’m missing something that may be totally obvious to someone else. I’m trying to install EditArea, which I understand has code-highlighting, which I find to be an essential feature. I downloaded the .zip file and followed the instructions, extracting it to the root directory of the site. This seemed a little strange, since the root directory already has a folder called ’assets’ but I did it anyway, instructing the OS to overwrite any files with the same name (of which there may not be any - I don’t know). I then went to the ’install’ folder as instructed, and followed the prompts. Everything seemed to be OK, but when I go to the configuration page and try to select a different RTE, TinyMCE is the only one that shows up. I’ve tried clearing the cache, which didn’t work - any ideas?
      • 203 Posts
      I installed http://modxcms.com/extras/package/553 EditArea 0.8-beta1 on MODx Revolution 2.0.0-rc-1 rev6614 but it didn’t set the System Events in editarea.class.php

OnRichTextEditorRegister
      OnTempFormPrerender
      OnChunkFormPrerender
      OnPluginFormPrerender
      OnSnipFormPrerender
      OnRichTextEditorInit

Once I set them the ’EditArea’ option was in the System Settings.

Although I remember from 9.6.x I was able to use EditArea for chunks and templates but still use TinyMCE for documents.. Can that still be done (haven’t tried the ’Create String in System Settings) but different editors for content and code does help?
        • 44 Posts
        I can’t find editarea.class.php sad - where is it supposed to be?
          • 44 Posts
          pixelchutes kindly provided the answer to this question here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,47120.msg289646.html#msg289646
            • 203 Posts
            ah not a MODx Revolution 2. but a Evo 1.x work around. Thanks anyway.
              • 44 Posts
              Sorry, I forgot you are using Revolution. You might want to post your issue to the thread I linked to above anyway, as I imagine pixelchutes might be able to help.