We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    Dear Modx users,
    I installed EditArea 0.8.2 plugin and was able to see the editor in the list of MOdx editors. When I upgraded to the EditArea 0.5.2-GA, the upgrade was successful but the editor is gone. I see the latest version in the list of my plugins but not in the list of editors for editing a doc.
    Please let me know what could be wrong.
    Thanks
      • 44 Posts
      As you will see if you look at my post from today, I have the same problem, although mine was a new installation of EditArea, not an upgrade. Could this be a bug in the new release? Is there a place to get a previous release?
        • 44 Posts
        I believe this might be what you are looking for - it fixed my problem: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,47120.msg289646.html#msg289646
          • 14 Posts
          Hi,
          thanks for posting the link and letting me know your solution to the problem. But, I still did not succeed in using the editor after having my default editor as "none". I was wondering where did you have your assets folder (of editor) in the root? I saw you said, it replaced your existing ModX assets folder? How does your website work if this directory is overridden? I am assuming you have your editor assets directory inside Modx assets directory. Mine is like this and its not working. Please let me know where do you have the assets folder..
          I will try to mimic your directory structure if its different and see if that works.
          I installed a new version removing all earlier versions of the editor. So, now its not an upgrade.
          I enabled these in the plugin configuration:
          OnRichTextEditorRegister
          OnTempFormPrerender
          OnChunkFormPrerender
          OnPluginFormPrerender
          OnSnipFormPrerender
          OnRichTextEditorInit
          I am using evolution 1.0.3. Do you think it works with this?

Thank you
            • 44 Posts
            Yes, it does work with Evolution 1.0.3, because I’m using that version as well. I did mention that Windows gives an overwrite warning when you copy the contents of the EditArea .zip file into your root directory, but it appears that this is the correct procedure after all. I believe it was done this way to be sure the files wind up in the correct folders. If you will look at the contents of the .zip file after extraction, you’ll see that nothing is actually being overwritten when you do the copy. The Windows warning is automatically generated because the "assets" folders have the same name, but all that is happening is a new folder is being created under "assets/plugins/edit_area". These, then, are the steps to install:

1. Download the .zip file.
            2. Extract the files (should be 2 folders called "install" and "assets".)
            3. Move or copy these folders into the root directory of your site (ignore any warning about overwriting files.)
            4. Access the home page of your site and follow the prompts.
            5. There will be a reminder at the end to delete the "install" folder - do this and you should be done.

Hope this helps!