We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Hi:

I’m one of those low-tech people trying to make modx run nicely. Please be patient.

I am having a frustrating time with evolution 1.0.2 (and now 1.0.3).

When I launch the file browser from inside TinyMCE, browse thumbnails to the image I want, and then try to launch the image editor for that image, the editor does not show the image in the editor window.

The image editor path is not including the root /assets/ folder in its path. It skips that and starts with /images/ instead of /assets/images

http://domain.com/manager/media/ImageEditor/editor.php?img=/images/newsletter_images/AbsoluteEndurance_Logo_sm.jpg

I’ve looked in other topics where people left off the starting or trailing / in their file browser config, but none of this has helped.

Images are correctly displaying in other views (file browser, TinyMCE file insertion, etc.) just not here.

There’s no telling which value in the configuration might be the culprit.
      • 74 Posts
      So, no replies yet, but I did want to note that this problem occurs for me in two different instances of Modx (1.0.2) and 1.0.3 running on two different hosts. It did NOT occur prior to the 1.0.2 rev.

• 36 Posts
        Ok I came on this topic through Google with no solution, so here it is:

1. Goto "Tools" and click on "Configuration"
        2. Click on the tab "Interface & Features"
        3. Goto the input field "File Browser URL" and make this "/assets/". (or "/" if you work in your home directory)

In my case I had "File Browser URL" on the value "assets/" which didn’t make this an absolute path to the home directory.

Problem solved for me.
          Jack of all Trades and Proud Honda Zoomer owner. Also available on twitter.