We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 81 Posts
    Hi, I’m newish to Modx. Have been developing a site offline for a few weeks, have moved it online to a testing url. All is going well until I tried to add a new document/page with an image as a TV.
    Clicking the insert button takes me to a very different folder than expected. Uploading an image there and inserting it has no effect. Exploring via ftp shows the image is where I expected it to be /assets/images/. The path back on the Edit Resource page shows as the ’correct’ (same as other docs) path, but no image shows.
    In the browser window for the insert button (sorry don’t know correct terminology) the address shows as http://test.radiantglory.com/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/browser.html?Type=images&Connector=/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/connector.php&ServerPath=/

This obviously points to a completely different folder, but I seem unable to edit the address.

This has me completely baffled. If anyone can help I’d really appreciate it. The test site url is test.radiantglory.com
    Thanks
    Rob
      • 561 Posts
      Hi,
      Hard to say for sure without digging, but I have something quick to check. When you moved your site online, did you update file paths in the admin configuration? That would be my first guess as to what you’re seeing.

Tools... Configuration... File Manager. Check the file path there - it may still be the path on the test site.

Then have a look at the Interface and Features tab and check the paths in there.

Oh, and the word "Photographs" on your homepage should not have an apostrophe (gulp!).

Cheers, Dave

MODx and Wordpress development
        Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
        • 81 Posts
        Thanks Dave,
        I had changed the paths when I moved the site and everything looked right. I guessed there was nothing to lose from hitting ’reset’ for the File base path. Doing that added "assets/" to the end of the path, and works well now. It obviously needed the reset to straighten things out.

Thanks for pointing out the apostrophe in photographs - I’ve been concentrating on format & function rather than spelling. Any feedback on how it’s looking would be appreciated. Modx seems a tad faster than the Wordpress site it’s soon to replace - www.radiantglory.com

The quick support is encouraging for newbies. Thanks again.

Rob
          • 561 Posts
          Rob,
          Glad to hear it! Being new to a system is not easy, even a really good one like this one!

Interesting that you’re converting from WP to MODx. Those happen to be the 2 systems I constantly use and enjoy, but in all this time I’ve never converted one to the other!

Welcome, and enjoy, Dave
            MODx and Wordpress development
            Linux, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0, Evo 1.05, Revo 2.08-pl, Firefox 4
            • 81 Posts
            I enjoyed WP & learned a lot using it. My sense is chunks & TV’s are quicker to load than the output from plugins. I’ve also found Modx so much more flexible.

Thanks

Rob