We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 43 Posts
    Hi

I am very new to MODx and adding it to my first site. All has gone well but today where I was able to upload images via the CMS Resouce Content tool bar (icon of the tree) browse for a new image and upload it. Today I can’t and I get a message:

Error, "Failed to upload file, internal error..."

I’ve been on the forum and read all the replies from previous posts and still can’t get it to upload an image.

Yesterday I could upload images. Today I can’t upload anything - even the same image I uploaded yesterday (i.e. I don’t think its a problem with the file name)

I’ve checked all the paths and permissions - just don’t know what else to try/ where to look? (I’m more of a designer than programmer - so its all new)

Any advice really appreciated smiley

• 43 Posts
      Is it possible for me to re-install just the FCK editor and see if this solves the problem?

I have tried all the options suggested in previous forum questions and just not getting any luck.

Thanks

I haven’t solved this as such but I have found the cause - it is the hosting server that has the problem. I uploaded the entire website to another server and the upload image facility worked there!