We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hi there,

Title says it all, I have created this site with all user media (video, images and downloads) within the files folder.

How can I change TinyMCE from opening the images folder when using the Resource Browser.

Thanks a lot in advance,

David
      • 26 Posts
      Anyone?

For simpler sites, I’ve often found it far easier for the user to have all the media (images, video and downloads) in one directory.
      Would be forever indebted if someone could tell me how to change default TinyMCE Images path.

Thanks in advance,

David
        • 701 Posts
        Quote from: lechatlisse at Sep 18, 2009, 06:48 AM

Anyone?

For simpler sites, I’ve often found it far easier for the user to have all the media (images, video and downloads) in one directory.
        Would be forever indebted if someone could tell me how to change default TinyMCE Images path.

Thanks in advance,

David

Hi David,

I need to do something similar, I want to be able to change the drop down to be either files or images as i’d like to be able to create links direct to images for lightbox. I’ve just been having a look at the following file and this may help you achieve what you need.

assets/plugins/tinymce3101/tinymce.functions.php
        line 169 from:
        case "image":
        type = 'images';
        break;

to
        case "image":
        type = 'files';
        break;

You will also need to goto tools>>config>>file manager and add gif,png,jpg,jpeg to uploadable file types

Now i’m not sure if this correct but think it seems to work. Maybe someone can confirm.

Thanks

Ben
          • 26 Posts
          Hi,

Just back from work break, thanks for this idea, will test and report back.

Cheers
            • 195 Posts
            Or use this http://modxcms.com/extras/package/584

in combination with ManagerManager (comes with 1.0.1 core install).

Greetz
            JUSI