EDIT: it was problems with the language file charset
Im using utf8 as charset...
I tried editing a template and saving it, then open it and all the extended characters are broken (so, utf8 is lost)
then I have seen the code of that frame and it is using iso8859-1... that is the problem?
all the information saved with the RTE will be saved as iso8859-1 instead the charset you have select/you are using in your system/browser?
Check the site configuration (Tools -> Configuration) and make sure that is set to use utf-8.
yep, its utf8 there...
the hard code <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /> is in source_editor.html aparently, maybe in other files too...
btw, I was wrong... it is not RTE, templates are not edited using the RTE....
Well, thatâ€™s odd, because those frames all get the charset from the config array. Hmm. Check your assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php file; do a search for $c[â€™modx_charsetâ€™] (should be around line
$c['modx_charset'] = "UTF-8";
yep, it is there...
but the line I post up there is hard coded... I see it in the file
oh, btw2, it not looks like a RTE, but it is a tinymce editor...
there are other files with that line too, tinymce related
Thatâ€™s what has me puzzled; TinyMCE has nothing at all to do with template editing.
are you sure?
I saw that code frame, and iso8859-1 code was there...
then I searched the files and saw it there...
it cames from somewhere
oks, yep... I have added some code to that file to see if it apears, and nothing...
I have no idea where is coming that iso8859-1...
Im going to download the whole site, and database... to look it better...
The character set used in the Manager is now specified in the relevant language files. In the Spanish language file (which Iâ€™m assuming youâ€™re using), the specified character set is:
$modx_manager_charset = 'iso-8859-1';
I suspect thatâ€™s the root of your problems
I also suspect that the tinyMCE source_editor.htm is not actually utilized by MODx, but just comes as part of the stock tinyMCE distribution that we use.
yep, I saw that in the language files, prior install it...
so I changed install and core spanish files to utf8
and changed that line to $modx_manager_charset = â€™UTF-8â€™;
but.... there is always a but... I forgot to upload it!!!!