We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi All,

if i change the editor-theme of tinymce to "custom" in "system->system settings" with the following steps, the editor is no longer loaded if i edit a document:

tinymce.editor_theme = custom

tinymce.custom_plugins = text;style,advimage,advlink,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,fullscreen,noneditable,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,visualchars,media,table,layer

tinymce.custom_buttons1 = undo,redo,selectall,separator,pastetext,pasteword,separator,search,replace,separator,nonbreaking,hr,charmap,separator,image,link,unlink,anchor,media,separator,cleanup,removeformat,separator,fullscreen,print,code,help

tinymce.custom_buttons2 = bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,sub,sup,separator,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,separator,styleselect,formatselect,separator,styleprops

tinymce.custom_buttons3 = tablecontrols,insertlayer,absolute,moveforward,movebackward

I’ve also tried to add the above variables/settings to the user-settings, but without success, editor is not loaded.

I need the custom-theme because i need tables and divs...

Any help appreciated! smiley

• 14 Posts
      Did you ever get an answer to this, I am in the same boat.
      Keith
        • 191 Posts
        I’d like to figure this out also - I posted pretty much the same question in the Revolution 2.0 forum, but no response. Also, Have either of you figured out how to input images without the editor adding "../../" to the path after inserting?
          God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
          • 191 Posts
          I’ve been working on this - it seems like there is no theme called "custom" in revo. There is advanced and simple which you can find in assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes.

In Revo settings, there are two different places that refer to themes for tinyMCE. One is under the "Area" header, and the other is at the very end under the Area: tinymce settings on the last page. I don’t know what the first one does (Or why this setting is in two places), but if you type "simple" in the value under tiny.editor_theme in the Area: tinymce column, you’ll see the editor change to simple.

So, it seems as though the advanced setting is the default. Now, I just need to figure out how to utilize additional advance functionalities like tables,etc.
            God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world.
            • 4,149 Posts
            Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Nov 17, 2009, 06:50 PM

I’ve been working on this - it seems like there is no theme called "custom" in revo. There is advanced and simple which you can find in assets/components/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes.

In Revo settings, there are two different places that refer to themes for tinyMCE. One is under the "Area" header, and the other is at the very end under the Area: tinymce settings on the last page. I don’t know what the first one does (Or why this setting is in two places), but if you type "simple" in the value under tiny.editor_theme in the Area: tinymce column, you’ll see the editor change to simple.

So, it seems as though the advanced setting is the default. Now, I just need to figure out how to utilize additional advance functionalities like tables,etc.

This was all worked out in the beta5-compatible version of TinyMCE (currently only available to SVN users). It’ll be a bit cleaner for Revo beta5. You are correct - settings with the ’tiny.’ prefix in that version represent the TinyMCE settings.

However, much more work is still needed to be done.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 191 Posts
              Ok - I figured out how to add tables (I’m using beta 5 rev 6096). First thing I did was to go into the first "Area" section and delete all values associated with tinymce. This is just confusing - I have no idea why these are here.

Next, go to the bottom of the second page and right-click "tiny.custom_buttons1" then "Update Setting". Simply add "table" into the comma separated list of values and you should be good to go.

Also, as mentioned previously, I’m pretty sure that the default theme is "advanced," so I don’t think you need to change this setting. However, just to be safe you should probably go ahead and change the "tiny.editor_theme" value to "advanced."

I have a beta-4 install on my web host, I’ll test this out there as well and see if it works on that version. If so, I’ll update this post.
                • 4,149 Posts
                Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Nov 17, 2009, 07:25 PM

Ok - I figured out how to add tables (I’m using beta 5 rev 6096). First thing I did was to go into the first "Area" section and delete all values associated with tinymce. This is just confusing - I have no idea why these are here.
                Those are gone as of new installs on the latest SVN. Older installs will still have them for backwards-compat, but they do nothing.

I have a beta-4 install on my web host, I’ll test this out there as well and see if it works on that version. If so, I’ll update this post.
                It wont. That TinyMCE package is made for beta5+ only.
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • 191 Posts
                  Quote from: splittingred at Nov 17, 2009, 07:30 PM

Those are gone as of new installs on the latest SVN. Older installs will still have them for backwards-compat, but they do nothing.

I just downloaded 2.0 from SVN this morning and those items were still there - is 2.0 not the latest branch? Also, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to populate the styles drop-down with custom styles - any pointers? Is it possible to add a class to an element via TinyMCE?
                    • 4,149 Posts
                    Quote from: mattcdavis1 at Nov 17, 2009, 07:36 PM

I just downloaded 2.0 from SVN this morning and those items were still there - is 2.0 not the latest branch?

From previous post: "Older installs will still have them for backwards-compat, but they do nothing."

Also, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to populate the styles drop-down with custom styles - any pointers? Is it possible to add a class to an element via TinyMCE?
                    Not sure that’s been implemented yet in the settings. TBH, a lot is left to be fleshed out in the TinyMCE 3PC. If you’d like to help in development, the SVN trunk for it is here:

http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/modx-components/tinymce/

• 191 Posts
                      Quote from: splittingred at Nov 17, 2009, 07:39 PM

Not sure that’s been implemented yet in the settings. TBH, a lot is left to be fleshed out in the TinyMCE 3PC. If you’d like to help in development, the SVN trunk for it is here:
                      http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/modx-components/tinymce/
                      I wish I was that advanced in my coding skills - I’d be happy to help if I could. Hopefully someday I’ll get there.