We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    I have been having problems where I `lost` Xinha following the migration of a modx site from local (development) server to live server which have previously posted on at http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,5517.0/
    Upon closer inspection no text-editors are working on the live version of modx so thought I would cast my net wider.
    I’ve tried un/reinstalling both xinha and tinymce to no avail - they are turning up in the Plugins tab of Resources but when it comes to editing a page or updating the configuration neither appear in the Editor to use option. Have scrutinised the configuration settings to no avail and reluctant to do a new install or to remigrate as some 150 pages of (unformatted) content have been added to the site since uploading.
    Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening and how/if it might be resolved?

Cole

Update
    Details as follows:
    Modx 0.9.6 (rev 2767)
    PHP Version 5.0.4
    Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.0.4
    MySQL 4.1.7
      • 44 Posts
      No easy solution in end but managed to resolve this issue.
      Basically clean install of mod-x with some selective db table migration seemed to fix it - no idea what brought the problem about though.

Cole
        • 1,131 Posts
        Weird as it may see, this is usually due to a cache issue. When you migrate a site from one server to the next, it is sometimes necessary to wipe out the files from the /assets/cache directory and start from scratch. Easiest way to do this is to wipe it out and upload the cache files provided in the MODx download. You also have to make sure that the correct permissions are set for the cache directory. smiley
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."