We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Apologies if this has been covered. I couldn’t find anything.
    Is anyone aware of any mods to TinyMCE or any other RTE that puts the "link list" of MODx documents in a popup tree, or allows the selection of the link from the Manager document tree.. anything more user friendly than a long long select box for large sites?
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    nP
      Mike Schell
      Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
      Email: [email protected]
      GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
      Twitter: @mkschell
      • 589 Posts
      Quote from: netProphET at Jun 26, 2008, 10:26 PM

Is anyone aware of any mods to TinyMCE or any other RTE that puts the "link list" of MODx documents in a popup tree, or allows the selection of the link from the Manager document tree.. anything more user friendly than a long long select box for large sites?

Maybe this mod to TinyMCE could help:
      http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15537.0.html
        • 1,131 Posts
        Sorry, but short of using javascript to manipulate the dropdown or hacking the crap out of the TinyMCE code, the linklist dropdown is what it is. Reason is that it’s an internal function of the Advanced Link plugin. Others have tried to create custom MODx plugins with varied success. For a large site, there really aren’t any surefire solutions. We’ll probably explore this one again though...hopefully soon. smiley
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • Cool, thanks for the replies Eol and Bravado. I should mention that I certainly appreciate the link list as-is for smaller sites.
            Mike Schell
            Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
            GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
            Twitter: @mkschell
            • 118 Posts
            Thanks for the link Eol.
              • 4,205 Posts
              Could it be possible to set a virtual ’root’ for offsetting the menu? For example if editors are only working in a certain section then we could configure their link menu to start from document X instead of the site root.
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
              • Quote from: netProphET at Jun 26, 2008, 10:26 PM

Any insight would be appreciated.
                I did this link plugin a long while ago - maybe worth a try. Not even sure if it will work with newer versions of TinyMCE. If it doesn’t, I might even revisit it to try and polish it off and get a proper release of it out :p

Let me know if you try it out.
                  Garry Nutting
                  Senior Developer
                  MODX, LLC

Twitter: @garryn
                  Web: modx.com